Question on Fox DHX Air

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Question on Fox DHX Air
  • Previous Page
Mod
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
So I just got my new bike set up and was looking at setting up my shock. But the problem is is that it has an extra valve. I can't find this extra valave listed on the manual they sent out, or on their website. I googled it, and the pics that came up with the shock does not have the extra valve featured on it.

photo

If anybody can tell me what the extra valve is for (the one between the shock and seattube) it would be much appreciatied.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
i could be 100% wrong. but it looks like maybe a valve to pump air into with a shock pump??? maybe??

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
Is your valve for the main chamber on the other side?

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
WOW, never saw one of those before. I wish I could help you.

Mod
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
yeah My main chamber valve is on the bottom of the cartridge.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:

Sorry, I'm a little slow, bottom of the cartridge? Trying to compare yours to mine.

Mod
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:

Sorry, I'm a little slow, bottom of the cartridge? Trying to compare yours to mine.

the right side...the one that says fox

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
That's the resevoir valve, not the main chamber valve. Is it not?

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
the weird one is the main chamber valve (hardness) and the one on the resevor is for bottom out/ propedal

I guess fox custom made it for the frame so the shock could be filled up without removing it from the frame.

( the normal valve location wouldn't be accessable)

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
Just throwing this out there. It appears that you have two nipples. Could one be the main chamber? The one next to the seat tube, possibly be the Negative Air chamber?

Mod
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
yeah wiat.. sorry that is the resevoir. I guess I just got a super weird set up on my shock. Apparently from my guess the other one is the main chamber. The maual doesn't it explain it at all, but it makes reference to some main chamber valve that doesn't show up in any of their pics or diagrams.

And it isn;t a custom made shock for this frame. This shock does not show up on stock Coilers or Coilairs.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
thats the main chanber shock its there because i believe that in the normal place the linkage would hit it

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
Well my internet is slow, but here's a pic of mine guess yours just has a hose from the top of the chamber.

photo

Mod
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:23 Quote
Wilson4 wrote:
Well my internet is slow, but here's a pic of mine guess yours just has a hose from the top of the chamber.

photo

That would appear to be it, mine just has an extension for some odd reason. The linkage wouldn't hit it or anything normally..

Now I just got to figure out why it won't allow me to put air into it.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 21:27 Quote
that shock came off another bike that required that extended filling valve so that the shock pump could fit around an obstructing piece of the frame. This is an OEM "take off" from a stripped bike of another make, i'd be willing to bet.
It'll work just fine.
That is the valve for your main chamber, and the other one is for your platform settings as was mentioned.
Did that shock come from RVC? they strip OEM parts for other builds all the time.

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011672
Mobile Version of Website