Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 13:01 Quote
You can get it for $1.50 per month right now, I mean its not free, but its basically pocket change.

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2023 at 5:11 Quote
@canadaka are you able to add the ride log tracing feature to the add new trail page?

Its there when you edit a trail and edit its track, but not when adding a new trail.

Posted: Dec 18, 2023 at 8:17 Quote
canadaka wrote:
I personally almost always add trails by hand drawing them. Tracing over the activitylines or by referencing a specific ridelogid.

Yes this is exactly what I'm trying to do, but when I enter the rideLogId it gives me an error "Unable to view this private ridelog".

This makes no sense as
1. This ridelog is public, not private (61777615)
2. I can use this same ridelog to create a new trail

So it seems like this is just a logic bug in the website that could be fixed? It's incorrectly thinking this is a private ridelog when it's not.

In terms of tracing the activity, for some reason they are not showing up for this log, even though it's almost 2 weeks old at this point.

Posted: Dec 18, 2023 at 20:17 Quote
toddnzmtb wrote:
@shawnskinner

I can see the ridelog, download the .gpx file, edit a trail in that region using that .gpx file without any errors.

I just tried it now.

Yep, I can also download the GPX, click "Replace with new GPX file" and edit it that way, but it's a little cumbersome.

If you click "Edit Track" and then paste in the ridelog id, you should see the error "Unable to view this private ridelog", which seems like a bug? Would be nice if we can overlay the ridelog and simply trace in the new section.

Posted: Dec 21, 2023 at 10:16 Quote
I was wondering why my TF Points dropped and figured out that you guys removed "Check-In" from the Points Earned list items that could add to the TF Points.

Curious to know why it changed?

Thanks.

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2023 at 19:44 Quote
Feature Suggestion for Trailforks:

Give me an option to use Bayesian averages when sorting by rating in a region or park. It's what most online retailers use to "sort by reviews". I feel like this would be much more useful to see top trails in a place that I'm visiting. For example, when I went to Utah and wanted to see what the top trails were, I sort by ratings, but have to go to the 3rd page to see the 99/100 score trails that have more than one review. A trail that has 80 reviews but gets 96/100 interests me more than a trail that has 7 reviews but has a perfect 100/100.

Article in case you never heard of bayesian rankings:

https://www.algolia.com/doc/guides/managing-results/must-do/custom-ranking/how-to/bayesian-average/

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2023 at 10:59 Quote
Has there been any thought or consideration for adding the orange designation to trail ratings for "freeride" or jump trails, that are found on many maps and trails signs now? Especially at bike parks, at least here in NA.

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2024 at 16:38 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Has there been any thought or consideration for adding the orange designation to trail ratings for "freeride" or jump trails, that are found on many maps and trails signs now? Especially at bike parks, at least here in NA.

There is and always has been. "Pro Line" is orange

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2024 at 18:05 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Canadmos wrote:

There is and always has been. "Pro Line" is orange

I don't mean the pro line rating. If you check out page 5 and 6 of the Whistler orientation guide linked below, you'll see the differently designated freeride rating, which show jumping skills are required.

Lots of bike parks are using these ratings now.

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/-/aemasset/sitecore/whistler-blackcomb/maps/20230518_WB_WMBP-Orientation-Guide_001.pdf

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2024 at 21:48 Quote
vzhick wrote:
Feature Suggestion for Trailforks:

Give me an option to use Bayesian averages when sorting by rating in a region or park. It's what most online retailers use to "sort by reviews". I feel like this would be much more useful to see top trails in a place that I'm visiting. For example, when I went to Utah and wanted to see what the top trails were, I sort by ratings, but have to go to the 3rd page to see the 99/100 score trails that have more than one review. A trail that has 80 reviews but gets 96/100 interests me more than a trail that has 7 reviews but has a perfect 100/100.

Article in case you never heard of bayesian rankings:

https://www.algolia.com/doc/guides/managing-results/must-do/custom-ranking/how-to/bayesian-average/

I will do this at some point soon.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 5:46 Quote
Is it possible to get rid of these blue markers? They should not be viewable by default. the clutter the map and are irrelevant to my search/results.

photo

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 11:50 Quote
yup, will do.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 15:46 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Dwarfmarine wrote:
Is there a way to make a POI or marker private?

It's coming. Andriod has this feature already and iOS is in final testing. Basically long-press the map and an option to add a personal waypoint will be one of the options.

This will be only viewable by you and will save under your waypoints.

Noticed that this feature has been implemented and now works on iOS version in the latest update.

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 12:54 Quote
Can you improve the Filter section in the map view to allow multiple selections of difficulty levels?

Like, I want the map to only show blues, blacks, and double blacks and hide everything else. Right now, I can only select one difficulty at time. If I unselect, then other trails like greens and purples will also appear along with other trails and clutter the map view, making it harder to see the trails I'm interested in.

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2024 at 16:47 Quote
toddnzmtb wrote:
Routes - if I save a trail to my wishlist, my Wahoo doesn't import it as a 'route' it has to be a complete ride?

If the trail or road is something I've not ridden and let's say not part of my 'route' why wouldn't it be imported?

I understand why short trails may not work but longer ones definitely should, right?

Example - I ride up Big as mountain #1 all the time so don't want that on my route, but there's a trail/road marked as Hellish power climb #4 that I want to explore, why can't I add that to my routes?

We didn't build the Wahoo integration, Wahoo did. So they need to support more than just routes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010760
Mobile Version of Website