Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
canadaka wrote:
camelkicker wrote:
So I see we now have badges and the requirements I should have my entire local regions badges almost do these not retro activate?

badges are not retro active, just for ridelogs going forward, so you'll just hafta ride some more! Wink

These unique local badges are rad! Old School Jank Line!! Nice work making one up for the north shore triple crown... though some might argue it would include Jetboy, instead of Executioner. Wink

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
meaks wrote:
canadaka wrote:
camelkicker wrote:
So I see we now have badges and the requirements I should have my entire local regions badges almost do these not retro activate?

badges are not retro active, just for ridelogs going forward, so you'll just hafta ride some more! Wink

These unique local badges are rad! Old School Jank Line!! Nice work making one up for the north shore triple crown... though some might argue it would include Jetboy, instead of Executioner. Wink

I've done crowns using both. But didn't want to use too many hidden trails for a public badge Wink

I just let know many of our TF region admins know about the new badges, so hopefully will see local associations start to add their own badges now.

This page lists badges by most recently added: https://www.trailforks.com/badges/list/?sort=b.created&viewMode=table&activitytype=1

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
sykic wrote:
canadaka wrote:
I have had a flow/technical field on my "todo" list for years, I've just never gotten around to adding it. Maybe it will happen this winter!

Great, cheers for the constant updates and great website!

I was playing with the "Flow" feature on the website. If possible it would be nice if the "flow' layer could also show the most popular direction of travel from the ride logs and the percentage of rides in the shown direction. That could be helpful when planning a ride. Right now, my two direction trail shows as 50%, although I know that almost everyone rides in the CCW direction. (Could be a lack of ride logs is a factor, for my example as well) If that is the case, the number of ride logs which are being evaluated would also be very valuable information.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
Regarding the "popularity" trail style. A friend and I were reviewing trails in a new area, we thought the colors are backwards of the intuitive direction. We both thought the most popular should be green not red. Popular should be a good thing, not a bad thing. This would be more consistent with the "last ridden" style.

We figured out what the colors meant from the help file that is linked in the legend, just thought it was a little awkward.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
Regarding trail directionality, it might be nice if there was an option to enable or disable the direction display on all the map styles. Instead of showing it for some styles, but not others. Maybe as a new layer type? Or as a embedded menu option?

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
NickBarnes wrote:
Regarding the "popularity" trail style. A friend and I were reviewing trails in a new area, we thought the colors are backwards of the intuitive direction. We both thought the most popular should be green not red....

Ha, me too. I rode some really weird trails when visiting places until I worked this out.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 14:11 Quote
cerebroside wrote:
NickBarnes wrote:
Regarding the "popularity" trail style. A friend and I were reviewing trails in a new area, we thought the colors are backwards of the intuitive direction. We both thought the most popular should be green not red....

Ha, me too. I rode some really weird trails when visiting places until I worked this out.

It helps, when you keep in mind, that it's a heat map. More movement = more kinetic energy = warmer colors.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
I'm having trouble with getting the display I want for trails that are multi-use with the winter map.

I have a number of trails that are multi-use trails in the summer and can be snowshoe'd in the winter but would not be reasonable to bike in the winter. The problem arises in that the primary map type is "multi-use" and under activities I have both "biking" and "snowshoeing" as permissible. If I look at the winter map and have my activity as "mountain biking" any of the trails that have snowshoeing as an option will display as a primary trail even though I'm set on mountain biking and biking these trails isn't appropriate.

Is there a work around for this? I feel like there needs to be a "Winter Biking" option for activities and map display type?

Cheers

Andrew

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
Can we add 'Modified Date' for the Garmin maps download page? As of now it seems like we would need to download and then compare the filename, size, etc to find out if we have the most recent version.

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
ztbishop wrote:
Can we add 'Modified Date' for the Garmin maps download page? As of now it seems like we would need to download and then compare the filename, size, etc to find out if we have the most recent version.

It is actually there, if you hover your mouse over the download size of the state. We will have all the Garmin maps updated for 2019 very soon.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
Can we see who last changed a trail?

Sometimes want to message whoever made a change and ask some questions, but I don't see that option (as non admin).

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Can we see who last changed a trail?

Sometimes want to message whoever made a change and ask some questions, but I don't see that option (as non admin).

usually you can, in the bottom right of the trail detail page is a "contributors" link, then on that page is a "revisions" link.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
Anyone else having issues with the embedded shortcode for websites? Our two local sites (shop site and our club site) all the Trailforks widgets are not processing and are just blank.

EDIT: Appears to be working in another browser, so I'll do some more sleuthing and see what's going on.

Mod O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 15:13 Quote
Klainmeister wrote:
Anyone else having issues with the embedded shortcode for websites? Our two local sites (shop site and our club site) all the Trailforks widgets are not processing and are just blank.

EDIT: Appears to be working in another browser, so I'll do some more sleuthing and see what's going on.

What website? this one seems fine in Chrome, Firefox & Edge https://santafefattiresociety.org/trails/

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 15:26 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Klainmeister wrote:

What website? this one seems fine in Chrome, Firefox & Edge https://santafefattiresociety.org/trails/

Yeah, I got a notice from a user and also had the issue, but seems to have resolved itself. Maybe a server glitch, sorry bout the false flag!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012107
Mobile Version of Website