Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2021 at 8:54 Quote
mastier wrote:
Even on desktop , yesterday I wasted half of the time retracking when Selecting trail parts.... as it was creating strange loops.....

I'm having a similar issue where clicking along the planet will create a route that makes a huge loop that is way out of our way. Also route planner is creating back and forths on the same trail when we are using the drawing or selecting option. You don't see it during the creation only after on the app.

This is a pain in the ass because you have a 30km route that's actually only 22, once saved to the wishlist, I can only view the route in the app. Tracing the route in the timeline window in the app is where you see the dot move forward and backward on the same trail, in several sections of the route.

Going back to the computer to fix the route takes hours because you have to manually edit the GPS points to untangle the back-forth errors.

This explains why the Garmin GPS used to go insane on a ride. Constantly giving u turn instructions on a straight section of trail that made no sense.

I haven't figured out how to load a wishlist route on my computer in order to drag the cursor on the timeline to follow the route.

Once I do I'll try to gather some screen captures to submit.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
Sometimes, the routing issues are caused by the trail alignment. (most are weird decisions made by the routing code).

Scroll super in on the intersections, could be a chance the trails aren't actually touching and needs a quick edit of that area.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
The TF routing tools are a work in progress and I recommend using another site (like CALTOPO which is free) to make a route. Export the CALTOPO track to GPX file then import the GPX file to TF.
https://caltopo.com/

There's videos on YouTube to show how to use CALTOPO. It's a little confusing at first.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 21:10 Quote
I just created a polygon for a no-access zone around a government facility. It was wanted to time all the releases on various platforms so I was just going to leave it unpublished.

When I uncheck 'published' and submit, it actually publishes it. Editing it shows it was published. Uncheck and submit, still shows up as published.

I just deleted it as the management didn't want it posted yet.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 18:55 Quote
Do private ridelogs uploaded from Strava (my TF account is synced) count towards badge progress?

Posted: Jul 2, 2021 at 6:27 Quote
AvidTrailRider wrote:
Do private ridelogs uploaded from Strava (my TF account is synced) count towards badge progress?

Yes, they should count.

Posted: Jul 2, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
AvidTrailRider wrote:

Yes, they should count.

Mine don't

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 13:09 Quote
AvidTrailRider wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
AvidTrailRider wrote:

Yes, they should count.

Mine don't

What badge isn't progressing? Completionist or what specifically? What are the symptoms you witness? More details may assist the forum users to your query.

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
Is it possible to delete your own comments?

Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
AvidTrailRider wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

Yes, they should count.

Mine don't

What badge isn't progressing? Completionist or what specifically? What are the symptoms you witness? More details may assist the forum users to your query.

As far as I can tell, my private ride logs don't count towards any badges, Completionist, Climbing 10k, Descending 10k, 10 Green Trails, etc. Recalculating the badges for a private ride log does not help either. However, when I make the log public and recalculate badges, the log counts towards my progress. Ideally I'd like private logs to count too.

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
Private ridelogs do not count towards badges.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 19:52 Quote
mastier wrote:
Even on desktop , yesterday I wasted half of the time retracking when Selecting trail parts.... as it was creating strange loops.....

Same issue. When selecting trails or drawing a route, the line creates some strange loop backs. Looks like the route back tracks a few 100m to a few km, then continues as normal. You can't see it until you save it and look at it in the phone app.

In the app as I drag the dot along the lower window, I see the dot on the map move along the route, the go backwards, then continue normally.

Happens every single time I create a route.

Second time I've commented on this.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 6:19 Quote
Add me to the list of requests for GRAVEL BIKE as an activity and trail use.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012257
Mobile Version of Website