Raddest Road/ CycloCross/ Fixed gear/ Touring Thread

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Raddest Road/ CycloCross/ Fixed gear/ Touring Thread
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
thelumberjack wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Hope pro 4 fixed gear
I turned a hope front disc hub into a fixed gear. It's been refined a bit since I took the picture now using proper outer lock nuts on the axle

21 spoke rim is laced 7 radial/14 2x onto a 28h rim, hence the empty spoke holes on the non drive side

I applaud this, looks very clean for a bodge, well done!

Does it still work? I'd have thought the forces applied in braking are lower than fixed gear cranking....
Holding up great although I've not had much chance to ride it recently. Need to add a bit more spoke tension now it's settled in a bit.
Yeah disc brake is going to put a lot more force through it than my legs ever could haha

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 5:45 Quote
pdee wrote:
For those riding 1x hydro setups, how much of an improvement is it over mechanical discs? I rode my Private Jake last year with TRP Spyres and singlespeed, but want to move to an 11 speed setup this year.

For what it's worth, I'm not racing cx, just doing some multi surface riding with it.

I had both, mechanical sucks ass dude.

Hydro is so so much smoother, sharper and reliable.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
While I did love spyres, especially for how adjustable they are, Apex and above is just so much better. It's like mech vs hydro on an mtb.

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 22:46 Quote
pdee wrote:
For those riding 1x hydro setups, how much of an improvement is it over mechanical discs? I rode my Private Jake last year with TRP Spyres and singlespeed, but want to move to an 11 speed setup this year.

For what it's worth, I'm not racing cx, just doing some multi surface riding with it.

Have spyres / 6700 ultegra levers / 160 rotors on my road bike

Have hope rx4 / force cx1 levers / 160 rotors on my gravel bike

Difference is night and day, the hydro's are sledgehammers in comparisson, probably even better than the codes on my mtb

Worth noting that the braking power is easy double that of when the bike had force calipers, the hopes are THAT good

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
ryanme wrote:
pdee wrote:

I had both, mechanical sucks ass dude.

Hydro is so so much smoother, sharper and reliable.

I don't know if its just different riding conditions, but I've never had a problem. The only reason I'm considering the change is because I will be buying a group, so I might spend the little extra and go straight for the hydraulics.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
photo

photo

photo
I put some fenders and a handlebar bag on my road bike so I can ride it to work and then take the long way home.

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
That looks like a joy. Enjoy the rides from work

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
photo
photo
photo
New Prototype all road bike.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 4:55 Quote
I hate that.

Vile.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
You suck.

Fuckin' awsome bike! Love the idea of using a 2x lever on 1x drivetrain and using the left side as a dropper lever. Hella cool.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
sherbet wrote:
You suck.

Fuckin' awsome bike! Love the idea of using a 2x lever on 1x drivetrain and using the left side as a dropper lever. Hella cool.

Thanks man!

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
What's the sizing on that bike? Love the frame paint btw, clever and clean but still a nice tribute.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 21:35 Quote
Can we make that thing the official mascot of this thread? Pretty much the definition of modern 'Rad'

Super cool.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 22:19 Quote
crs-one wrote:
What's the sizing on that bike? Love the frame paint btw, clever and clean but still a nice tribute.

I am 5ft 6in. 28 in saddle height as shown in photo. Seattube is 74, headtube 68, reach 400, chainstays 410 with 70mm bb drop. 26 wheels. Headtube is 170mm long. It's a prototype. Got a 400 mile 37k tour planned for first week of june. Good for testing!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016808
Mobile Version of Website