Fox 36 Float 170 RC2 Fit vs Rockshox Pike RCT3

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox 36 Float 170 RC2 Fit vs Rockshox Pike RCT3
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 11:46 Quote
I never rode a CTD no fox 36 has ever had a CTD only the 32 and 34 versions are CTD. The 36 has always had a fit cartridge in all models. ( as long as the FIT has been around)

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 10:05 Quote
I didn't say the 36 had CTD? I was agreeing with you that the 2013 Fox models with CTD all had doggy reviews! People complained that the 3 settings were to restrictive like someone decided for you, what was best.....the 2013 "FLOAT" I rode confirmed this,it didn't feel as good as the 2014 36 TALAS RC2 Fit! where you have far better control over Damping......Which is why I bought a set. For just $590........................ better feel than the Float.........IMO with all due respect............Bro!

Posted: Aug 20, 2014 at 12:21 Quote
ant2 wrote:
I didn't say the 36 had CTD? I was agreeing with you that the 2013 Fox models with CTD all had doggy reviews! People complained that the 3 settings were to restrictive like someone decided for you, what was best.....the 2013 "FLOAT" I rode confirmed this,it didn't feel as good as the 2014 36 TALAS RC2 Fit! where you have far better control over Damping......Which is why I bought a set. For just $590........................ better feel than the Float.........IMO with all due respect............Bro!

Sorry misread. Also the fit cartridge between the float and the talas are the same which bottom line is most of the forks performance. The air side or talas side is the only change, and in a side by side run of the 2 the float was a better performer all around. Again I never rode a 14 version it was a 13 version of both. My new 15 version is the best i have ridden in a long time!!

Posted: Aug 21, 2014 at 6:08 Quote
Yes Bro!
Those new 2015's are beautiful! I have herd nothing but good reviews! I will put a set on my next build.
Speaking of which, as I respect all your input and can tell your very knowledgeable! I'm stuck weather to buy a PRIVVE Shan MV, or a CHROMAG Stylus both have there good and bad points but I just can't decide?
I have also looked at the Comancal TI! Wow, amazing beautiful frame but amazing price too! Also the META, Transition TA, DMR and 2souls EVO 45.1?
Would appreciate any input. I don't really like what Transition have done with the new TA frame graphics? Love the old Transition TA and it came in 26inch now only in 27.5-29? Just don't get that?
I'm looking for 26inch. I'm a bit old school and 26inch, somehow just looks correct and proportional to me, and gives me perfect balance and control in every riding situation I find my self in? I've also tried to find an Evil Sovereign, but again no longer available?
Would really appreciate your opinions/ideas on my frame dilemma ? I love these long travel "old school" hard tails {not so old school anymore!} full suspension just doesn't do it for me. Have you seen the stuff they're doing on hard tails on you tube? incredible! You here these comments online about hard tails coming back! In my opinion, people who know, know, they never left?
I have owned and tried full suspension bikes in all there forms,29,27.5.26.but somehow it's hard to explain...there's something you get from a hard tail you just can't have with a full suspension? Again very different bikes at there extremes,back to personal preference I guess. Buy the way forgive me if I have veered of the original thread, just like exchanging thoughts and Ideas with you guys. Respect ant2

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 10:02 Quote
nate35 wrote:
bootch70 wrote:
It sounds to me from the collective feedback that I should go with the fox fork. I appreciate all of your feedback.

Anyone have an opinion on the Intense Tracer or the Santa Cruz Nomad?

For that matter do any of you know a better trail or endure bike out there?

I've ridden the new nomad and its a bad ass bike! Climbs really well and goes DH even better! Never been on a tracer but judging from geometry alone, I'd go with the nomad. The new enduro 650b or the kona process 153 would be two other bikes that I would consider as well.

I'm currently running a 160mm pike and love it. 2,000 hard miles on it so far and good as new. No leaks, no squeaks or noises at all. Best fork I have ever had hands down!!

Between the Nomad and the Intense Tracer does anyone know which has better rear wheel mud clearance? I am in the East so that is kind of important.

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 2:28 Quote
I couldn't find any better Pike related tread. So I'll ask here.

I lost some travel on my pike after riding it yesterday. Any one know this problem or had something like this before?

photo

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 6:37 Quote
I take it that this photo was taken with nobody on the bike. Did you check the air pressure in the fork. if its low my guess without ever seeing it in person would be a bad seal somewhere. if the air pressure is to low after taking somehits it will not always rebound all the way back up. just a thought but worth a check.

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 12:03 Quote
philip92 wrote:

I lost some travel on my pike after riding it yesterday. Any one know this problem or had something like this before?

photo
Did you try letting out all the air, cycle the fork, then pressure it back up?

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 18:21 Quote
I just upgraded to a 2015 Fox 36 Float and its incredible. I put it on my Bronson and its turned an already amazing bike into an absolute beast.

So more confidence at both slow and fast speeds. It's amazing! Never tried the Pike, but don't need to, very happy with the 36.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 11:40 Quote
philip92 wrote:

photo

The seal between your positive and negative chambers is leaking, leaving you with too much pressure in the negative chamber. You may be able to get it working again by following brianl's advice, but chances are you're going to have to tear it down and replace the seals. It's one of the downsides to the Solo Air design - the negative spring pressure is managed automagically, so when the magic stops happening, you've gotta go in and fix it.

Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 13:27 Quote
thx for the comments, the solution is a hidden valve on the bottom of the left fork leg. u gotta remove the bolt first to see it. that valve empties the neg. air chamber. Thats all according to what Sram told a college of mine.

I still gotta try it, I'll post the result here

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024059
Mobile Version of Website