YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 14:28 Quote
[Quote="Erotomania"]
Yetichon wrote:
kwapik wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but yeah, I just saw on the bike description, should come with tools... Thanks for that, I'll mail them.

I think it deserves a 2019 Lyrik, with the more supportive feel. I'll install my 180 mm debonair next week and come back to give my feelings about it.

I have the 2019 180mm debonair spring in my 2018 lyrik. I’m still playing with the setup but I’m really happy with it.

Nice, is the 180 mm fork affect sensibly the geometry or it's barely noticeable ?

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 15:00 Quote
It’s not a big change. I like the bars to be a little higher and it feels easier to control the front tire.

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 16:01 Quote
Marc2211 wrote:
tiagomano wrote:
Marc2211 wrote:
Bought my Capra 27 AL about 6 weeks ago, but due to life happening I only managed to get a full bike park day in on the bike today. Coming from a Radon Slide 140 29er and Scott Voltage FR (Capra replaced the both).

Thought I’d post my initial feelings - while overall very happy, I am disappointed with a few things, and need to do some fine tuning for personal preference.

First off, I’m 175.5cm tall - right on the M/L boundary. I took YTs advice and went for the bigger frame. Seat height and overall fit is fine, reach feels very slightly long but ok. I am however really struggling with the front end height of the bike being too low. As I ride mostly steep stuff (Bikeparks here in Switzerland, or in France mostly), I like a high front end or I get neck ache at the top back of my neck from looking up down the trail all the time - after 2 hours today I was really struggling. There is a 5mm spacer only on top of the stem, and apparently a 2cm rise to the bar (but it looks like less) - on my previous bike I had a 3cm rise bar and 1.5cm of spacers. The bars also felt a touch wide when combined with the long reach - with the grips they are 790mm, I usually ride 760-770, which I'll go back to.

I’m going to swap out the bars for some with a bigger rise, and swap the spacer under the stem and see if this helps! All in all I can’t help thinking I’d liked to have tried an M to see if it was better - however my riding positioning in terms of front/back movement is much improved on the L - I think it just needs tweaking for my style.

Next up was small bump compliance - I’m coming from a fox 36 factory 2016 fork, which just seemed to ‘work’ - the Lyric was terribly bumpy over small stuff out of the box. I tweaked a few things, but couldn’t really smooth things out a lot - It felt planted in corners and when pushing it, but I had seriously numb hands at the end of each run from the vibration through the bars. Rear shock felt great and was easy to tune - super plush. Again, I think I'll get some help to set up this fork as it seems my usual stuff didn't work.

Brakes - ok. Not as much feel or stopping power as my usual MT5, but did the job - they were a bit on/off with little moderation. Pads were half way dead after the days riding (I’m a big guy so this is not unexpected for me).

Stock grips - much too thin for me, but either way they were destroyed in one day Frown They are SDG something and clearly made of cheese... they wore through where my thumb rubbed them, and also around where my index/middle finger gripped. I've never had to swap out a pair of grips in my life, so this is a new one on me. I have a set of Deathgrips to go on anyhow.

All in all in terms of riding, the bike did a great job, felt fast, planted and really inspired confidence - I was able to really push while keeping a good margin for error! After the 29 it felt super quick when turning which took some getting used to (I was overturning, or being too aggressive to start), but by the end of the runs I was really enjoying the point and go feel...

Overall a happy Capra owner, but didn't think I'd have to swap out/change so much so soon to get things feeling right. Long term it seems like it'll be a great bike though.

you can easelly bump um the front travel on the fork, opening the ha and giving you a higher front end.
as for the bar, they come wide for people to curt it, my cf pro came with 800 and i cutted it down to 760

Ah ok, I didn't know I could add travel - definitely something to look at in the future.

I just swapped the spacer to under the stem, and installed a 30mm rise Renthal Fatbar from my old bike (which I had cut to 760mm previously) and some Deathgrips. From initial tests (around the block!) it already seems much better. Just need to wait for a few weeks for the next bikepark trip to confirm!
Marc, check my Capra. I have a hope riser stem (+15mm) and 50mm spank vibro core with ergon grips. I have long legs, short torso. I had same issue with lower neck, upper shoulders.

My saddle is still set taller then handle bar grips: https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15381282/

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 22:59 Quote
My 18 Lyrik has sufficient mid stroke support, I’ve never bottomed it over 50 rides so far, and haven’t had numb hands a single time in all those days, including 4 straight days at Whistler.

Am putting in the 180 air spring this week.

Posted: Jul 29, 2018 at 23:35 Quote
rpet wrote:
My 18 Lyrik has sufficient mid stroke support, I’ve never bottomed it over 50 rides so far, and haven’t had numb hands a single time in all those days, including 4 straight days at Whistler.

Am putting in the 180 air spring this week.

Not that I bottom out the Lyrik too much, just that it's diving a lot when you don't charge LSC, which affect noticeably the small bump sensitivity.

I'm not finding it supportive enough to cope well with the rear end which is very composed. Not bad, just not as good as the rear.

Anybody removed the travel limit on their Super Deluxe ? I saw people do it on the DPX2, cutting the metal piece that was limiting travel, but never on another shock... I'm curious about that.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 1:14 Quote
Hmm interesting info about the Lyrik - thanks everyone.

Looking back over the weekend, I didn't bottom out once, looking at the o-ring I didn't even come close - I at most used 2/3 of the travel, if not a bit less! I am wondering if it's just a fundamental problem of it just having too much air in there.

I always like my bike stiffer than softer, am a big guy (95kg geared) and push the front quite hard - as such I always put more air in than recommended. I had ~105-110psi in there at the weekend (which I thought was between 25-30% sag, but I may have been wrong). I'll try dropping it down to 95psi and see how I go.

If anyone has any setting they could share to give me a base point, this would be great.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
My Lyrik 2017 out of the box had lot of friction. It needs some time, Luftkappe upgrade, and -2 tokens to work like charm. Trust me, best upgrade ever!

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 10:50 Quote
Kaspy wrote:
My Lyrik 2017 out of the box had lot of friction. It needs some time, Lutkappe upgrade, and -2 tokens to work like charm. Trust me, best upgrade ever!

Debonair 2019 seems better, that's what I've read from people who have tested both, at least... And it's cheaper too

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 11:38 Quote
Marc2211 wrote:

Looking back over the weekend, I didn't bottom out once, looking at the o-ring I didn't even come close - I at most used 2/3 of the travel, if not a bit less! I am wondering if it's just a fundamental problem of it just having too much air in there.

I always like my bike stiffer than softer, am a big guy (95kg geared) and push the front quite hard - as such I always put more air in than recommended. I had ~105-110psi in there at the weekend (which I thought was between 25-30% sag, but I may have been wrong). I'll try dropping it down to 95psi and see how I go.

If anyone has any setting they could share to give me a base point, this would be great.

Took me a while to get my Lyrik settings dialed. Im around 90kg geared and have them set at 76 (yes that precise). Took a lot of riding on the same trails to dial them in. Haven't changed any token amounts but don't think I need to.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 11:47 Quote
WolfRidge08 wrote:
Marc2211 wrote:

Took me a while to get my Lyrik settings dialed. Im around 90kg geared and have them set at 76 (yes that precise). Took a lot of riding on the same trails to dial them in. Haven't changed any token amounts but don't think I need to.

I’m 160lbs(72kg?) and run 76psi.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 11:55 Quote
Erotomania wrote:
WolfRidge08 wrote:
Marc2211 wrote:

Have you increased the pressure since you run the 2019 air spring ?

I'm 160 lbs too and running something like 62 psi with the old air spring...

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 12:05 Quote
I like to keep the front a little stiffer. Mine is setup for 180mm travel and I have one token in it. I replaced the damper oil with redline 2.5wt, and run between 3-5 clicks lsc from open. I’m still playing with the new air spring, and I’m going to try it a little softer, maybe 72psi. I like the way it feels right now, the first half of the travel is so plush that it doesn’t feel oversprung but there’s quite a bit of unused travel.

Before I began messing with the fork, I had 1 or 2 tokens and 65psi, lsc 0-3 from open.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 12:10 Quote
Erotomania wrote:
WolfRidge08 wrote:
Marc2211 wrote:

I personally found anymore and I was getting arm pump and was using minimal travel!

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
Many thanks everyone! Going to let out some air and do a 'car park' set up from scratch tomorrow morning.

Posted: Jul 30, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
I pulled the trigger...

I ordered (and payed) a Capra AL 29 XL. Beer

so happy

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034223
Mobile Version of Website