YT Capra Owners

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 2:32 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
It will be sold out the minute they start to sell it
Certain places that hold country stock reserve bikes for them an their mates before anyone can even get a chance.. how do i know? because i've already pre orderd lol its such a bs system really.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 2:38 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Noeserd wrote:
Certain places that hold country stock reserve bikes for them an their mates before anyone can even get a chance.. how do i know? because i've already pre orderd lol its such a bs system really.

you Ordered one before it went online? do you have any info on the bike by any chance Big Grin ?

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 7:20 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

deets/proof or didnt happen

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 12:30 Quote
ChrisD27 wrote:
Does anyone know if the sram universal derailleur hanger fits the YT Capra Base.
Not unless they've changed it since 2018 (which I'm confidant they haven't, given the rest of the bike is the same, and it doesn't make sense to change that one part)

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
yeah I just don't see why a derailleur hanger is 30 dollars and almost 40 with shipping kinda ridiculous.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 15:22 Quote
I don't think they should be expensive either. However, I do see aftermarket YT hangers are $30-$51

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 16:00 Quote
dan-king wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Noeserd wrote:

deets/proof or didnt happen

What? the supplier for YT here let you reserve bikes.. you know like when you go into a shop an preorder...
They've said new capra coming so i preorderd/reserved one.
This clearly means there will be less available to the general public upon release of stock.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 18:08 Quote
Anyone here ever tried out and compared a shimano XT rear derailleur and a SLX rear derailleur. I'm about to upgrade and the SLX is in stock but the XT isn't, should I wait for the XT or just buy the SLX.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
ChrisD27 wrote:
Anyone here ever tried out and compared a shimano XT rear derailleur and a SLX rear derailleur. I'm about to upgrade and the SLX is in stock but the XT isn't, should I wait for the XT or just buy the SLX.

XT is only really the external clutch adjust. just buy SLX.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 21:44 Quote
ChrisD27 wrote:

I went xtr to slx and I have to say performance wise there is nothing in it, I have noticed bigger differences changing between chains. I’m not sure if you plan on swapping shifters but the xt shifter IMO is worth it over the SLX as the SLX shifter paddles just don’t feel as solid. I’m not calling them bad or flimsy but it’s a subconscious thing.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 5:03 Quote
TheMrSteve wrote:
ChrisD27 wrote:

I went xtr to slx and I have to say performance wise there is nothing in it, I have noticed bigger differences changing between chains. I’m not sure if you plan on swapping shifters but the xt shifter IMO is worth it over the SLX as the SLX shifter paddles just don’t feel as solid. I’m not calling them bad or flimsy but it’s a subconscious thing.

I agree with this, you won't notice a large difference between derailleurs, but will notice replacing a slightly worn out chain or getting new shifters.

Basically I'd just get the SLX derailleur and ride, you probably won't notice a difference.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 11:31 Quote
Pretty underwhelmed with the Capra announcement today. I just dropped 3k into upgrading suspension and wheels on my Mk1 Jeffsy when I couldn’t snag a Capra Elite. I’m glad I did.

I can’t see how a Core4 Capra with alloy wheels and YT dropper is the same price as a Capra Elite with Carbon Wheels and Fox Factory dropper. I guess supply chain issues are going to make bikes cost more.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 11:52 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:
Pretty underwhelmed with the Capra announcement today. I just dropped 3k into upgrading suspension and wheels on my Mk1 Jeffsy when I couldn’t snag a Capra Elite. I’m glad I did.

I can’t see how a Core4 Capra with alloy wheels and YT dropper is the same price as a Capra Elite with Carbon Wheels and Fox Factory dropper. I guess supply chain issues are going to make bikes cost more.

Not to mention hopping almost all in to Fox. They are doing terrible this year trying to keep up with demand. Already looking at May 2022 delivery dates. F that noise!

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
watch123 wrote:
TheMrSteve wrote:
ChrisD27 wrote:

I agree with this, you won't notice a large difference between derailleurs, but will notice replacing a slightly worn out chain or getting new shifters.

Basically I'd just get the SLX derailleur and ride, you probably won't notice a difference.

...if you want basically an XT derailer, you can upgrade the pulleys on the SLX to XT/XTR sealed bearing pulleys. I did that to a SLX derailer when the bushing/pulleys started getting really noisy after a season. That and better chain make a big difference, I actually like my SLX derailer/drivetrain on my hardtail more than my GX drivetrain on my Capra.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2021 at 12:25 Quote
Dr-YTMTB wrote:

The only thing that I find myself really wishing my MK2 Capra had that the new MK3 model has is the SRAM universal hanger.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025521
Mobile Version of Website