new steer tube

PB Forum :: Canada - East
new steer tube
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
skynyrd52 wrote:
igz- wrote:
lol @ you telling DM he doesn't know what he's talking about.
i guess i am because he doesnt

Lynrd Skynrd wouldn't make that mistake.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
skynyrd52 wrote:
igz- wrote:
lol @ you telling DM he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Oh wow... You're my hero lol

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
he knows what he's talking about he's just playing it on the safe side

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:18 Quote
skynyrd52 wrote:
You're 15, he's 25.
I'm putting my money on DM.
He has much more knowledge of what he's talking about.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
brettrusnak wrote:
hey i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in ontario, where i could get a Marzocchi Dj3 steer tube replaced. thanks

zoke will re fit one on properly for 100 bucks + shipping its well worth the time you would waste in the er if you did it wrong.
and dm is right.

100% correct. Bravo.

My friend had one done through the lbs it was like $120

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
wanabe wrote:

I'm definitely playing it on the safe side. True. But this goofball is telling kids on the internet that it's just fine and dandy to replace a cryofit steerer by just pressing it out and back in. He has absolutely no idea of the numerous force vectors that could come into play. He still doesn't even know what a stress riser is. Don't give dangerous advice on the internet. You never know what could happen as a result.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
DM could be right, but yeah, the kid has his point, maybe its not the safest way to do things or anything but it'll get the job done ghetto style a least!
(sometimes i think some people should learn something about hulimity, or living in S.America lol)

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
wanabe wrote:

I'm definitely playing it on the safe side. True. But this goofball is telling kids on the internet that it's just fine and dandy to replace a cryofit steerer by just pressing it out and back in. He has absolutely no idea of the numerous force vectors that could come into play. He still doesn't even know what a stress riser is. Don't give dangerous advice on the internet. You never know what could happen as a result.
What things could happen down the road to him?

sie7e wrote:
DM could be right, but yeah, the kid has his point, maybe its not the safest way to do things or anything but it'll get the job done ghetto style a least!
(sometimes i think some people should learn something about hulimity, or living in S.America lol)

Do you have a postal service and the internet down there in South America?

Lol. Sketchiest thing I have heard of for a while. Send it to the factory.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
What things could happen down the road to him?

Umm. The crown breaking down the middle. That's not really even a conservative concern. It's a very real possibility. I might elaborate later on what I believe would be the specific mechanism of failure but I'm not up for trying to explain it right this second.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
sie7e wrote:

Do you have respect for others? Is it possible to be more narrow-minded than you?

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
sie7e wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
sie7e wrote:

Do you have respect for others? Is it possible to be more narrow-minded than you?
although an ass hole at times DavidMakalaster has more knowladge then wikipedia and urban dictionary combined.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
sie7e wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
sie7e wrote:

I'm not trying to be a dick. You can get anything done online as long as you have an effective postal service.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
what does it have to do with pressing a steerer tube?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010179
Mobile Version of Website