new steer tube

PB Forum :: Canada - East
new steer tube
Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
sie7e wrote:
what does it have to do with pressing a steerer tube?
Did you read the thread?

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
What things could happen down the road to him?

Umm. The crown breaking down the middle. That's not really even a conservative concern. It's a very real possibility. I might elaborate later on what I believe would be the specific mechanism of failure but I'm not up for trying to explain it right this second.
Oh ok. I don't know much about forces and that crap.

AqueousBeef wrote:
sie7e wrote:
Did you read the thread?
I forgot to Quote it from DM, regards postal service, calling latin america undeveloped or what so ever

sie7e wrote:

Nothing. It has everything to do with getting someone else to do it for you.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
ah guys, i was talking to makalaster who said some i found insulting, thats it
and yes, i did read the whole thread

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
sie7e wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
sie7e wrote:
Did you read the thread?
I forgot to Quote it from DM, regards postal service, calling latin america undeveloped or what so ever
Él no entendió ofenderte. Solo decía que ustedes por supuesto tienen estas cosas y entonces, no hay excusas para hacer algo tan peligroso

I said NOTHING about Latin America being undeveloped. I guess there's a language or internet barrier to comprehension here.

DavidMakalaster wrote:
I said NOTHING about Latin America being undeveloped. I guess there's a language or internet barrier to comprehension here.
I gotcher back Wink

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
sie7e wrote:
ah guys, i was talking to makalaster who said some i found insulting, thats it
and yes, i did read the whole thread
he was asking if your postal service was good how is that offensive?

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
then what did you mean by "do you have postal service, internt down there?" I guess i dindt understand you, and you dont understand me.

AqueousBeef wrote:
sie7e wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
Did you read the thread?
Él no entendió ofenderte. Solo decía que ustedes por supuesto tienen estas cosas y entonces, no hay excusas para hacer algo tan peligroso
hey, you can spanish, not perfect but you can lol

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
DM is right... I don't know how you can't see the possibilities of what COULD and probably WILL happen over time...im no engineer or structural architect but i do know that repressing a steer tube can be risky business...Hope your health care is up to date. Beer

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
it's been done many times, I mean i've heard from some guys who have done it and held up well

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
sie7e wrote:
it's been done many times, I mean i've heard from some guys who have done it and held up well
exactly my point its not like its on some dh forks or somthing just on a shitty set of dj3's.

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
skynyrd52 wrote:
sie7e wrote:
exactly my point its not like its on some dh forks or somthing just on a shitty set of dj3's.
One thing is for sure, it wont be as durable, secure as the original one.
but you really dont know what Marz. would do, they could trick you and re press it, i dont know.
BTW all you guys are invited to come and see all kinds of fixed bikes, rewelded frames and "ghetto" repairs as you would call it. I just prefer to call it humility

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
sie7e wrote:
One thing is for sure, it wont be as durable, secure as the original one.
but you really dont know what Marz. would do, they could trick you and re press it, i dont know.
BTW all you guys are invited to come and see all kinds of fixed bikes, rewelded frames and "ghetto" repairs as you would call it. I just prefer to call it humility

That's fine. It's just irresponsible for you to promote such ideas to millions of people on the net as if they were perfectly acceptable techniques.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014164
Mobile Version of Website