PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
fredro wrote:
Not bad at all

Man, can live with that for phone

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
That's a clever get up... and I have the vast majority of those items in a box some where.... Amazon has some phone chest mounts for about $20.00

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Action-Smartphone-Smartphone-Strongest/dp/B00OLZ4JLQ/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XG9JPTJE2J06P4EE6AM7

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
That's a clever get up... and I have the vast majority of those items in a box some where.... Amazon has some phone chest mounts for about $20.00

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Action-Smartphone-Smartphone-Strongest/dp/B00OLZ4JLQ/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XG9JPTJE2J06P4EE6AM7
Yes. Since posting I’ve already found some of these and an iphone case for $20 with threaded opening for three included lenses, macro, wide angle, and fish eye. Probably going to epoxy a go pro mount onto one of these to increase the field of view for my next go at it.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:40 Quote
Skies are full of smoke forests are burning going to be in the 90's, I guess summer is here.... heading out for a rideFrown

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 21:25 Quote
photo
Iron mountain to Redrock Canyon open space park ,single track loop from home,I feel fortunate to be able to access these local loops so easy, Had fun ripping around the park today.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 22:44 Quote
way to get the old steed out Slaker. If I might say... this is a pretty killer looking bike.... Commies new? long travel 29'r....

photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 22:54 Quote
Thanks, I try to ride the steel on average week day rides and the ti for the big mountain stuff to spread the love...... I can not imagine how capable these long travel and all mountain 29ers are, i also really like the new Knolly Fugitive, I will be stumped when it comes time to get a FS bike , so many choices. And then there are those super cool steel FS designs as well.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 23:00 Quote
slaker wrote:
Thanks, I try to ride the steel on average week day rides and the ti for the big mountain stuff to spread the love...... I can not imagine how capable these long travel and all mountain 29ers are, i also really like the new Knolly Fugitive, I will be stumped when it comes time to get a FS bike , so many choices. And then there are those super cool steel FS designs as well.

no kidding. I haven't seen the new knolly one yet... I think its the Starling Murmur.... oh man that's a looker... I'm scared to go test anything cause then I'll just want one... but these Commies are usually pretty affordable right? hmmmmm…...better go to bed.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 23:11 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:

no kidding. I haven't seen the new knolly one yet... I think its the Starling Murmur.... oh man that's a looker... I'm scared to go test anything cause then I'll just want one... but these Commies are usually pretty affordable right? hmmmmm…...better go to bed.

Commies are indeed quite affordable, at 3800 CAD (so like 3000 USD?) you get a bike equipped with fox 36 and float dpx (performance), Gx eagle, 150mm KS dropper... it's pretty damn nice.

And my V4 is probably the best riding bike I've had until now, slightly less capable in straight downhill in comparison to the banshee rune I had before, but that might be because it has a less capable shock... who knows.

I plan on getting the v4.2 next month Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:

those starlings are supposedly not all that great in terms of production quality....
Shame cause theyre so damn expensive for a steel single pivot
Production Privee is probably the better option

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 8:30 Quote
Adding the Commencal makes a awesome market of sweet Long travel bombers for those who love 29ers. Top of my list would be the new Kona Process, Transition Sentinel, Evil Wreckoning, and that Commi... Not sure I could get along with the Specialized or Trek offerings. Just not my thing I suppose. I have a preference when it comes to WA, brands.

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 8:52 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
Adding the Commencal makes a awesome market of sweet Long travel bombers for those who love 29ers. Top of my list would be the new Kona Process, Transition Sentinel, Evil Wreckoning, and that Commi... Not sure I could get along with the Specialized or Trek offerings. Just not my thing I suppose. I have a preference when it comes to WA, brands.

I know theres a lot of love for the evil frames but my hang up on those is that linkage mess... such a loam shelf of dispair....

Kona looks rad

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bkchef2000 wrote:

I know theres a lot of love for the evil frames but my hang up on those is that linkage mess... such a loam shelf of dispair....

Kona looks rad

so very true, but man that linkage also makes a sweet riding machina....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021162
Mobile Version of Website