O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 17:57 Quote
Fredro has a style, I like fredro's style

Posted: Jul 17, 2021 at 23:07 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 6:54 Quote
Did a bunch of shuttle laps over the weekend in the alpine, but 4 laps in my SC reserve rim got f*ckin smelted by the exhaust after getting pushed too close in a corner. Does anyone know how much the non-warranty situation replacement fee is for those?

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
fredro wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 6:59 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Did a bunch of shuttle laps over the weekend in the alpine, but 4 laps in my SC reserve rim got f*ckin smelted by the exhaust after getting pushed too close in a corner. Does anyone know how much the non-warranty situation replacement fee is for those?

oh shit dude...that sucks. Frown

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 7:01 Quote
newbermuda wrote:

Do you mean the exhaust from vehicle ruined your rim ????

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Yeah it was a big ass truck and running pretty hot. I actually think it melted the rim, and then i rode it down some pretty rocky shit, and that cause it to crack and splinter. i know that its not covered under warranty but i assume every other non-warranty situation, i can pay to replace it at cost or something

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 7:32 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
newbermuda wrote:

Yeah it was a big ass truck and running pretty hot. I actually think it melted the rim, and then i rode it down some pretty rocky shit, and that cause it to crack and splinter. i know that its not covered under warranty but i assume every other non-warranty situation, i can pay to replace it at cost or something

Damn, that is a bad turn of events, Hopefully SC can help you out, would like to hear if they work with you on it...Wheel must have been right close to tail pipe for that to happen..

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 7:46 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
newbermuda wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

Damn, that is a bad turn of events, Hopefully SC can help you out, would like to hear if they work with you on it...Wheel must have been right close to tail pipe for that to happen..

Yeah it was pretty dumb on my part, should have put the bike further inboard and let someone with an aluminum rim put their bike on the outside.

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 8:46 Quote
Interesting, how was the tire? I'd think that would've been a gooey mess if the heat was enough to effect the structural integrity of the rim. Possibly a theory to strengthen a claim with SC? That sucks @newbermuda hopefully they take care of you
---
Got out for a pedal yesterday on the new-to-me 550lbs Fox SLS and fresh oil in the DVO Jade. It's a sweet combo for sure, goat worthy. 8.6mi / 2060'

Jane loves a good meadow
photo

Colorful Rectangle
photo

"Summit" 9982'
photo

One way to test the bottom out capabilities. Jump => flat.
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 12:49 Quote
photo

Also the only pic i got from yesterday

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
fredro wrote:
Got an early ride in the woods in the morning, then hit the streets for an urban assault!

Sounds like fun! I've done that a couple of times. You know I've found I sometimes like to ride my FS Stumpy on the street. Not for long rides, but it CAN be fun hopping curbs an that. I often use it when I have to go only a couple miles to the LBS for something. I'm just always looking for an excuse to ride that thing instead of one of my other bikes LOL!

~JSV

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 23:56 Quote
Big weekend away .
Rode 3 different bike parks . Here is a little vid from Hiddenvale MTB park .
Trail called Sky Fall .

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 0:28 Quote
Went riding with a friend last night. He's no mountainbiker, so he opted for his CX bike. Pretty fun experience riding with him. He totally smashes me on climbs where he can find the traction and it's a good exercise for him to try and follow a mountainbike on twisty narrow trails.

Crossing a road, we met one of his friends riding his road bike.
(They both organised a CX race last year. The guy on the road bike was the one counting laps and taking note of positions. He held up the leader, a super fit roadie, from time to time hackling him, so that I, mtb singlespeeder, could catch up. That was fun.)
We then 'raced' to the top of one of the local hills, 5.4km onroad vs. 3.7km offroad. Offroad won Wink

Evolution

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028285
Mobile Version of Website