Where'd you ride today?
O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 3:12 Quote
Another trail @ Hiddenvale .

Off we go

Top of Bovine Groove Mt Joyce

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 5:42 Quote
@pyro - sounds like a great time was had... Love the mix of bikes Wink

@rose - wow, what a crowd. gonna check the vids in a sec but I'm sure they are your typical incredible rides tup

Been riding a desk...that's it lately Really Mad

I try to mix it up though. I ride a lot of Singledesk, occasional Pump Desk, even got in a session at a Desk Park last week. I do ride both Road and Gravel Desks as well....

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 5:55 Quote
Going on rides w/friends using differently equipped bikes, I've done that. Totally fun. Interesting isn't it how one or the other does better on a different part of the ride depending on when the terrain changes, dirt, sand, hills, pavement. We've had fun with that. Shows you too how there IS a difference how the bikes geo and equipment actually DO effect its capabilities.

~JSV

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
FINALLY! haven't had the REAL bike out for over a week! The weather here has been too wet, and trying to get a free day to go for SOME kind of off-road riding, it all delayed my plans. Went alone because nobody could get free at the last minute.
Don t know why it turned out to look a lot less rocky rough and fun in the photo There are much rockier paths I ll have to photograph next ride in there.
There ARE quite rocky and fun paths in there, but this one didn't looks AS rocky in my photo IDK? Hey at least I got the Stumpy out and enjoyed the hot weather which was nice under the shady canopy of all the trees. Man I needed the exercise today too. I get rusty & creaky at this age when I don't ride in the dirt for a week g-wiz!

~JSV

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
@Rosemount
Looks great, as usual lol! Cool vid, and that looks like so much fun interacting w/all the other bikers on the trails.

I just got in from a ride and your post made want to go right back out!

~JSV

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 17:09 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
FINALLY! haven't had the REAL bike out for over a week! The weather here has been too wet, and trying to get a free day to go for SOME kind of off-road riding, it all delayed my plans. Went alone because nobody could get free at the last minute.
Don t know why it turned out to look a lot less rocky rough and fun in the photo There are much rockier paths I ll have to photograph next ride in there.
There ARE quite rocky and fun paths in there, but this one didn't looks AS rocky in my photo IDK? Hey at least I got the Stumpy out and enjoyed the hot weather which was nice under the shady canopy of all the trees. Man I needed the exercise today too. I get rusty & creaky at this age when I don't ride in the dirt for a week g-wiz!

~JSV
Awesome ! Please send some of that wet weather over here .tup

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
Rosemount wrote:

Off we go

Damn, is that a helmet cam following that dude ????, awfully smooth POV footage.

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 22:18 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
Rosemount wrote:

Off we go

Damn, is that a helmet cam following that dude ????, awfully smooth POV footage.

Yep helmet cam .
He just got the camera I think because he was asking folks how his camera mount was pointed .

Those 2 guys in the vid are both pretty smooth and fast . I try to chase them when we are out riding . It has helped me improve .

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
lol! Yeah I'd like to! It STAYS wet in many places in those woods too. Once we get regular rain even on/off there are soft areas on some of the trails that remain large muddy areas, puddles, etc. CAN make for some fun on the days I feel like challenging the mud, that's usually riding with friends, but on my own I mostly avoid it when possible. The Stumpy handles the mud great though.

This has been the rainiest July I can remember in a long time here in the Boston area. If I COULD send that to you I'd be satisfied. I guess I'm just greedy for more dry riding days. Going on another night-ride soon w/a friend so that'll have to be dry!

~JSV

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 19:45 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
lol! Yeah I'd like to! It STAYS wet in many places in those woods too. Once we get regular rain even on/off there are soft areas on some of the trails that remain large muddy areas, puddles, etc. CAN make for some fun on the days I feel like challenging the mud, that's usually riding with friends, but on my own I mostly avoid it when possible. The Stumpy handles the mud great though.

This has been the rainiest July I can remember in a long time here in the Boston area. If I COULD send that to you I'd be satisfied. I guess I'm just greedy for more dry riding days. Going on another night-ride soon w/a friend so that'll have to be dry!

~JSV

My spots ride so much better with moisture, really do not get into mud in the mountains around here, mostly decomposed granite which is amazing when wet..

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
Got caught up with work early today so went and found some cool temps and rowdy old school trails in the high country.. definitely was a slice ! Smile

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
man, those are great shots...! looks like a great day was had

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 19:58 Quote
A lap around @ Parklands with emphasis on down hills .
Phoenix, Shits n giggles , lower New Zealand , Tazer . The Parklands sorts the sheep from the goats . Lots of mean pinchy little climbs . 2 and a half hours then on to the espresso bar .

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 12:04 Quote
Just finished my first marathon race, 150 km single stage here on the arctic tundra.
Made quite a few mistakes that made it more of a sufferfest than it had to be, didn't bring even half of the needed energy bars or food, rode on my hardtail with probably close to 30% of the track being some kind of rock garden or rooty hell.
Still extremely happy with finishing 2 hours earlier than the goal I had set, will probably do this again next year, but with some actual preparations, might even bother with training.

50 km mark of my first marathon race only 100 more to go.
50 km mark, with 100 more to go here.

Finished my first Offroad Finnmark 150 km race.
Just crossed the finish line, haven't been this tired since military.

Posted: Jul 25, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
That's really fantastic!! Nice job not only completing it, but beating your estimated time, AND doing without having it all dialed in! If you're into such things, GU Roctane, and Liquid I.V. are both excellent endurance sport products. Put a few magnesium pills into your hydration bladder along with the the drink mix, and that can really make a difference.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042302
Mobile Version of Website