Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 11:47 Quote
veero wrote:
I'm curious as to why so many people seem intent on ditching the RS rear shock as a priority?

Are they really that bad?

I'm happy with mine, been riding my patrol for more than a year too.
I am not really convinced that you will notice much of a difference unless you are a racer (which some of the guys posting here are).
I know people also complain about their pikes, me included. It turned out that my pikes were duds. The new ones feel great!

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 12:10 Quote
nibby wrote:
Does anyone know if you can take the decals from the top tube and side's? Just leaving the Transition logo??

No, their transfer printed on

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 12:11 Quote
veero wrote:
I'm curious as to why so many people seem intent on ditching the RS rear shock as a priority?

Are they really that bad?

Probably not, I'm just not a fan of rockshox in general, and I already had the double barrel, if I didn't already have one I wouldn't have switched it out

Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 13:49 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
nibby wrote:
Does anyone know if you can take the decals from the top tube and side's? Just leaving the Transition logo??

Damn!!. OK Cheers.

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 2:33 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
nibby wrote:

Well that answers that. I was wondering how it would look with the yellow decals, done in orange instead.

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 3:57 Quote
gaz552 wrote:
nealy578 wrote:
nibby wrote:

Well that answers that. I was wondering how it would look with the yellow decals, done in orange instead.

Just see if a company can print you some up and overlay them?

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 7:56 Quote
Has any one had any problems with their gears skipping when peddling over bumps? The gears on my bike work perfectly until riding fast over bumps. Every time I try to put the power down over bumps the chain feels like it slips and I can't pedal.

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 9:10 Quote
mikethefreerider wrote:
Has any one had any problems with their gears skipping when peddling over bumps? The gears on my bike work perfectly until riding fast over bumps. Every time I try to put the power down over bumps the chain feels like it slips and I can't pedal.

Hey there, I haven't come across that myself. Is the drive train new, or used from another bike. I ask as this can happen when chains / cassettes get worn, or simply the gear need a fine tune.

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 9:20 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
mikethefreerider wrote:

Hey there, I haven't come across that myself. Is the drive train new, or used from another bike. I ask as this can happen when chains / cassettes get worn, or simply the gear need a fine tune.

Yeah it's new, not had this problem on a bike before.

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 9:30 Quote
mikethefreerider wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
mikethefreerider wrote:

Yeah it's new, not had this problem on a bike before.

No, I haven't either, I guess you have tried all of the obvious things like adjusting the mech positioning, cable tension etc.
Out of interest, what drive train combo do you have?

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
Everything shimano XT, and all the usual tried!

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 9:53 Quote
mikethefreerider wrote:
Everything shimano XT, and all the usual tried!

If the clutch lever on your mech in the on position, I wonder if the clutch working correctly?

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 11:29 Quote
mikethefreerider wrote:

Assuming a new drivetrain and that it's properly setup, my 1st guess would be a loose rear wheel. Either the rear axle or the hub itself has come apart. On some designs this can allow the freehub body and cassette to slide sideways freely.

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
panaphonic wrote:
mikethefreerider wrote:

Assuming a new drivetrain and that it's properly setup, my 1st guess would be a loose rear wheel. Either the rear axle or the hub itself has come apart. On some designs this can allow the freehub body and cassette to slide sideways freely.

This! I've had it before where the cassette has come loose

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 13:14 Quote
nealy578 wrote:
panaphonic wrote:
mikethefreerider wrote:

This! I've had it before where the cassette has come loose

Ok I'll check that thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012508
Mobile Version of Website