Anyone riding a Dreamliner/4x/slopestyle?

PB Forum :: Diamondback
Anyone riding a Dreamliner/4x/slopestyle?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Oct 26, 2014 at 22:17 Quote
Just wanted to see who else was riding one of these bikes. I've only had a handful of rides on mine and it's definitely a fun bike.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 23:57 Quote
I got one at the begging of the summer and it is my favorite bike I've ridden now. I stopped biking for a few years, and before this always had DH bikes. I wanted something lighter and more able to DJ this time. I have still been able to shuttle DH trails, pedal uphill with XC guys, and session the DJ park. The bike does all of these really well and is so much fun the whole time. I got mine used built up already and it comes in at 27.8 lbs. It keeps me happy!

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 14, 2014 at 23:02 Quote
27.8 lbs? what kind of components you have on there?

I think mine is going to go out for a trail ride tomorrow.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
hows the dreamliners going, im debating one. i have a giant reign i have been riding off pretty much everything but i want something more playful and still versatile!

O+
Posted: Feb 8, 2015 at 10:13 Quote
The bike is really playful and has been fun to ride on jumps, DH, and freeride trails, but I finally have gotten tired of the short seat tube length. The frame bends so you only can hide about 10" of seat tube in there. I am 6ft and it just isn't cutting it anymore as I am doing more and more all mountain riding and the uphill isn't working with cramped legs/stand up pedaling. I am sad to see the Dreamliner go, but I am moving on to a Distortion so I can get a long enough seat post for climbing. Only shorter people can pull off making this thing a versatile ride. Anyone like me can really only use it for gravity fed rides and DJ, but it is really fun in those areas with its low CG super flickable feel.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 15:29 Quote
I totally didn't realize there were replies on this thread. Razz

My solution to the kinked seat tube was a dropper. I have a 125mm (435mm total length) on mine. Drop it for the descents, raise it for the climbs back up.

2012 Diamondback Dreamliner

I still haven't spent much time getting air on this thing. Have done more trail riding with it and its been fun. I really like it with the Lyric U-turn. If I'm riding trails, I wind it out to 5" for the descents. If I'm jumping, wind it down to 4". Its a pretty versatile bike. I can't wait until its dry more frequently. My crossmark tires roll soooo much faster than the minions.

-joel

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010899
Mobile Version of Website