2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 5:04 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
On another note, I am finally about to wear out the remaining Hans Dampf that came with ther bike, that is now suffering as my rear tire. I will put a Minion semi slick there, 2.3, to match my current HRII 2.3 in the front. I hope the bike pedals great after that, what do you guys think?

I went from Magic Mary Snakeskin to Rock Razor Snakeskin Pacestar and the pedaling is much much easier. It tooks some time to get used to a very "live" rear end and in the wet it makes the ride a "little sketchy" but if you are not racing, it's still (different kind of) fun. Can't tell tell for Minion SS, but it looks like a simillar tyre.

Posted: Jun 7, 2016 at 21:40 Quote
juanpkumicho wrote:
Well I found an used XT derailleur for like 15 bucks, with half smashed cage. I made a hybrid of the two and it seems to be working OK after adjustment and a bit of grease to the clutch. I will try it out and see, if it gives me headaches I will then go for a med-cage XT.

On another note, I am finally about to wear out the remaining Hans Dampf that came with ther bike, that is now suffering as my rear tire. I will put a Minion semi slick there, 2.3, to match my current HRII 2.3 in the front. I hope the bike pedals great after that, what do you guys think?

Cheers!

http://enduro-mtb.com/en/the-best-enduro-tire-seven-combos-in-comparison/

Very interesting read about what tyres is best (generally)

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 9:46 Quote
Try spacers I had to move mine around.

O+
Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 18:09 Quote
Anyone with a Fox X2 on a medium frame? Any issues running a bottle and cage? I just want to check before I consider getting a new shock.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 1:38 Quote
I can't find the post where everyone talked about stopping the cable rattling inside the frame. Did people put some soft material isolation around the hoses and cable housing ?

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 2:14 Quote
Vuco wrote:
I can't find the post where everyone talked about stopping the cable rattling inside the frame. Did people put some soft material isolation around the hoses and cable housing ?

I have a pic on my profile showing the zip tie method. Basically three long zip ties in a triangle.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 2:34 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://oi62.tinypic.com/2j27vaa.jpg
Wrap the cables in velcro or foam tape.

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 0:19 Quote
Hi guys!

I have read almost all the post (what a deal setting on the sofa with some ice on my knee).

Just got my Reign Adv 1 2015 in Small cause I am 168cm with 80cm inseam (69kg). I feel the frame is just fitting good but I am trying 50mm stem instead of 40.

Few upgrade so far:

-XT 11spd drivetrain (Slx crank with e*13 32T)
-XT M8000 brakeset (Slx rotors)
-Jerome Clementz carbon bar 750mm (truvativ)
-MRP chainguide 1x (swapped with the 2x)

Thinking of upgrading rims(keeping dt swiss 350) and I've two options in my minds:
-Carbon rims 35mm or 30mm
-Stan's Flow MK3
Which one would you suggest?I am looking to improve control/grip and weight.

I also need to achieve 1cm more on my saddle height and more travel. I am already riding at the maximum of my reverb stealth 100mm (355mm)..
Any suggestion for those upgrade?

I will try to post some pics of my camo rig Wink

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 14:58 Quote
billymtb wrote:
I have a pic on my profile showing the zip tie method. Basically three long zip ties in a triangle.
Wow, nice on.
sir-hc wrote:
Wrap the cables in velcro or foam tape.
Thx!

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 16:52 Quote
Do you guys know where to get shorter reducer sleeves for a Reign? I'd like to run the Fox 5-piece bushing on my RC4 which I have in the Reign, but when fitting this bushing, it extends outside of the eyelet (the white polymer bushing and the black washer), meaning that the reducer sleeves extend over the factory reducer. Yes, I could grind the factory sleeves down, but I'd prefer to keep the stock ones and modify another set. I'm currently using the old-school Fox DU bush (the one with the inner red/orange coating) to get around this issue.

At the moment with the RC4 I'm using a 450lb spring (I'm around ~65kg with gear), 135psi in the chamber and mid-way on both HSC and LSC (still dialing in the settings).

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 22:51 Quote
Reign 2

ok annoying rear axle needs to go(keeps coming loose)...is there a caming type of axle to suit the rear?

and what tape have you guys used to running the Giant P-AM2 tubeless? anyone used a cheap "Duct/Gaffa" type tape?

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 23:03 Quote
theMISSIONARY wrote:
Reign 2

ok annoying rear axle needs to go(keeps coming loose)...is there a caming type of axle to suit the rear?

and what tape have you guys used to running the Giant P-AM2 tubeless? anyone used a cheap "Duct/Gaffa" type tape?
I used stans tape. I think it was the 21 mm stuff I can remember off the top of my head. And I just used cut up tubes for the valve stems. Took a couple try's to get it perfect but now it's super solid and haven't had to pump any more air in them for a long time.

Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 23:18 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:
Reign 2

I used stans tape. I think it was the 21 mm stuff I can remember off the top of my head. And I just used cut up tubes for the valve stems. Took a couple try's to get it perfect but now it's super solid and haven't had to pump any more air in them for a long time.

i have a set of valves laying about from my last Fat bike so i wont need them at least

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 11:58 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:
Reign 2

I used Cafe Latex but didn't stick well. Second time I cleaned the rim really good with alcohol and then ran two layers. It wasn't an issue until I tried to add more stans that the tape came undone. Those are not my wheels I run most the time though, I just use them for park riding and shuttles.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 13:27 Quote
theMISSIONARY wrote:
Reign 2

Put a dab of blue loctite on the threads and tighten it hard.... It won't come loose again

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013138
Mobile Version of Website