Would you go to school on an expensive bike?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Would you go to school on an expensive bike?
Posted: Aug 25, 2010 at 23:42 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
I ride my vagrant to school... I love walking out to my bike and finding that sombody has tried to jack my front wheel. (Idiots dunno how a maxle works Smile )

one day somebody will know how

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 0:49 Quote
stprider16 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
I ride my vagrant to school... I love walking out to my bike and finding that sombody has tried to jack my front wheel. (Idiots dunno how a maxle works Smile )

one day somebody will know how
and thats why i use my cheap front wheel (can you say specialized branded Alex hoops laced to a no name hub? Smile )

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 4:44 Quote
on monday i dont have a choice, my frame is being marked for my hsc, so like it or not i have to ride my bike to school, but at least itll be indoors

Posted: Aug 26, 2010 at 5:47 Quote
at my school we allways get the kids with the cheap miracos siting on our bikes and have had 2 bent rear rims

Posted: Aug 28, 2010 at 18:19 Quote
Ride my mission to school, put it indoors, only the teachers have the keys to the storage room : D and most teachers have seen my bike.

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 at 21:24 Quote
never had a problem with my p2, bottlerocket, or shred. it depends on the type of school/community. always lock the frame, not just the wheels. park farthest from the street( less attention) , don't be the kid who people hate, if your a dick to everyone in the bike rack you'll prolly get your bike messed with. make sure that you park your bike sideways, (frame touching bike rack) and not just one wheel in the rack. , keep your combo/keys a secret and use a quality lock

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 at 23:28 Quote
and by quality lock... he means NOT a kryptonite combo lock... pretty easy to break them with your bare hands

one kid thought it would be funny to deflate my tire... caught the little shit in the act... Oh the look on a 120lb freshman's face when confronted by a 230lb Junior lol
He got to pump it up in front of his friends lol

Posted: Aug 29, 2010 at 23:31 Quote
yes... sometimes. i take with me into classestup tup

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 0:22 Quote
haha i did that today, epic hop no foot cans were thrown

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 0:32 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
never had a problem with my p2, bottlerocket, or shred. it depends on the type of school/community. always lock the frame, not just the wheels. park farthest from the street( less attention) , don't be the kid who people hate, if your a dick to everyone in the bike rack you'll prolly get your bike messed with. make sure that you park your bike sideways, (frame touching bike rack) and not just one wheel in the rack. , keep your combo/keys a secret and use a quality lock
not everybody lives in the alamo/danville bubble.lol

Posted: Aug 30, 2010 at 1:30 Quote
Ok not school but work, and it would depend if work had a place indoors to lock up/store my bike.

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 19:17 Quote
t3rr1 wrote:
I used to... I just got it stored in the gym storage room during the day.
Has anyone ever rode their bike to school, then at the end of the day found that some1 bend your disk brakes?

Posted: Sep 5, 2010 at 19:22 Quote
Ive always wanted to take my bike to school, but was afraid if havin some1 damage it like strip it or bend the disks, and the school im at is filled with 1700 students.

Posted: Sep 6, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
ive had somebody undo the quick release and only found out after. also somebody tried taking my wheels off but couldnt get the lock undone so i dont ride to school anymore.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011863
Mobile Version of Website