brand new fork 66 rcv '08?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
brand new fork 66 rcv '08?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
i got brand new '08 66rcv fork,but i have the feel that is too stiff for me,i'm 63kgs and cheched the air volume it's ok but still is not as light as i like.. should i put softer springs or just needs to be ridden a while to make it smoother,i'll be glad to get some advices from other 66 '08 owners

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
i would at a guess say softer springs.

i know a dude called muzzler has the same fork could ask him.

Posted: Jan 18, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
how long have you had it. you probally just have to break the fork in a bit.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 2:47 Quote
not ridden yet, just ask if in the future will get more soft,and what is the stock spring on the fork are they still in differen colours for the type of weight??

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
I have the same fork. It softens up after a while.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 17:48 Quote
Let all the air out

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 17:50 Quote
pmpete wrote:
Does anybodies RCV make a big slurping nopise on rebound?
Mine does. All Marzo forks do it.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
pmpete wrote:
So its normal?
Yes.

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
pmpete wrote:
So its normal?
Yes.

its just the oil lubrication system marz forks have

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 at 13:09 Quote
stefanmb wrote:
i got brand new '08 66rcv fork,but i have the feel that is too stiff for me,i'm 63kgs and cheched the air volume it's ok but still is not as light as i like.. should i put softer springs or just needs to be ridden a while to make it smoother,i'll be glad to get some advices from other 66 '08 owners

i have the exact same fork (2008 66RCV), i upgraded from a 2005 66 VF.
when i first got the 2008, your right it did feel a bit stiff. but after 2 months of riding, it STILL does feel a bit stiff....UNTIL you start riding a trail and it becomes active.....then it feels great!
***NOTE***make sure you set the air preload to your weight....i weight 180 lbs and i run hardly ANY air in the fork....Marzocchi's are really weird about their air preload. i actually put the pump on each side and give it 1 pump stroke only. it doesnt even register on the gauge. this took me a while to figure out. Also i have the stock springs in the fork (i think they are mediums)

if you weigh 63 kg = 138 lbs....you may want to get a set of SOFT springs and try them out. you can always start by putting ONE soft spring in on one side and leaving a medium spring on the other leg, if it is still to stiff, swap the other medium out and run 2 soft springs.

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 8:25 Quote
stefanmb wrote:

Hi. i hope this might help you.
I'm also a owner of 66RCV. I do agree the fork might be a little stiff, but you can try this out.

0. turn your compression to the softest
1. stand over your top tube.
2. remove the 2 red caps.
3. lean over your handle bar and rest your full body weight on the bars to compress the fork.
4. qickly release the air by pushing the pins (if not your face will turn purple.)
5. release the pins and get off the bars. now you will feel your fork is much plusher now. (its a total different feel of the fork now)

you might want to retune the compression to a little harder to suit your feel, or your rebound. (personal preference)('for me i'll like it half a turn from the softest')

now you have a vacuume in your fork.

Now You Save Unnecessary $$$ for spending on your bike Smile
*cheers*

"Think out of the box"

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 10:53 Quote
good call kenny...feels like a different fork.Stay out of the box

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013413
Mobile Version of Website