Brake bleed kit vs making up own kit

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Brake bleed kit vs making up own kit
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 1:48 Quote
Looking to buy the stuff needed to bleed my Shimano Zee brakes.

Should I buy a kit or buy the parts separately?

Thanks.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 2:01 Quote
There is a guy on ebay who does bleed kits at about half the price of shimano and sram with all the things you need included like syringes , fluids , clamps etc.

I have used the avid one ( far to frequently but let's not start another Avid sucks/doesnt debate : ) and it's been nothing but good to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Brake-Bleed-Kit-With-50ml-Shimano-Oil-7mm-Spanner-Deore-SLX-XT-XTR-/261775030607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf301f94f

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 2:23 Quote
Yeah the thing is I don't need the oil, spanners, gloves, zip ties, tissues and those kind of things, I just want the syringes and tubing as I plan to buy a 1l bottle of oil, I have tools, and say for example the Epic kit is £15 and seems like a lot for the syringe and tubing as I don't want the other bits.
Just the quality of the syringe in the kit looks to be better than what I can find separately.

Amazon for example have syringes and tubing separately and they're cheap but I'm unsure if they will be good enough and not sure on sizes of syringes and tubing to get, I guess this is where the kits become more convenient.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 14:14 Quote
Animal hospitals often have 60cc syringes for a couple bucks in the donation jar and any automotive place will likely have suitable hose.

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 14:59 Quote
Yeah I've decided I'm going to just buy the bits I need separately instead of a kit. I've just got to spend a bit of time reading up to find out what bits are best to get.
Will post pics as I go along of the bits I buy, such as syringes, tubing, oil...etc

Thanks.

FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 21:16 Quote
Check out this site.

http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/blog/shorten-shimano-hoses-without-bleeding/

Posted: Feb 21, 2015 at 21:34 Quote
My vet gave me a couple syringes last time I was there and local hardware store had the hose and a bike shop have me a little brass ferrel to screw into the master cylinder so a hose could run into a container.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011019
Mobile Version of Website