PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The thread for people 18 and under
Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 5:40 Quote
chrisn5 wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
duckcrisps wrote:

I dont think anyone else in here is from Ireland though lol
Ah it's basically in England if you think about it
You guys are lucky over in Europe when it comes to travel. Drive 1-2 hours and your in a different country. Here it takes 1-2 hours just to get through customs.
Erm customs here are mental. A few years before I was born the borders between NI and ROI were maintained by racist 15 year olds with semi automatics. And France is like the TSA everywhere. My friend wasn't allowed to bring one of those airplane approved shampoo bottles inside his hotel!

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 13:30 Quote
chrisn5 wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
duckcrisps wrote:

I dont think anyone else in here is from Ireland though lol
Ah it's basically in England if you think about it
You guys are lucky over in Europe when it comes to travel. Drive 1-2 hours and your in a different country. Here it takes 1-2 hours just to get through customs.

Well from my house to foxhunt Rostrevor it would be a 420 mile 8 hour drive plus the cost of the ferry so might aswell do a race in France at that kind of distance ahahah

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 13:59 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
siderealwall2 wrote:
I haven't raced at all this season but for the sake of strava here are some tips.
1: Don't wind it out on the pedal up/to the trailhead
2: Practice different lines, patch a fast, not necessarily fun one together.
3: Pin that line at 90%. Check strava. If you set a pr or were within 5-10 seconds of the time you are aiming for, continue onwards. Otherwise start again.
4: Practice that line at 100% and see how fast you can push yourself through rocks and roots, and how hard you can hit the jumps sideways. Remember this is a race, not a jam session.
5: Go for speed in the straights. I hit 40 in the drag stretch on a loc trail. just get off the brakes and pedal. Nothing looks sicker to photog's eye than a massive ripping cloud behind you. @leafypics
6: More wins. -Stepbrothers
but your still slow Eek

i kid
YOU BETTER BE
https://www.strava.com/segments/841170?filter=overall
7TH OVERALL FAM

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 16:25 Quote
you americans can drive to a different state in like half an ahour where here its like 7 hours to the nerest state from anywhere

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 16:28 Quote
Australia is weird full stop.

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 16:45 Quote
*England sips tea and laughs*

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 17:31 Quote
morcombemedia wrote:
you americans can drive to a different state in like half an ahour where here its like 7 hours to the nerest state from anywhere
Lol Cali is huge. Long way to another state here.

Side note, what are your guys' stravas? If you use it

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 17:36 Quote
Follow me @ squid goon

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 17:54 Quote
morcombemedia wrote:
Yeah but every state has wildly different laws here. I can go over to the state next to me (PA), and buy fireworks with a New Jersey license; but not a PA license. And then I have to sign a legal doc saying I won't shoot them off in PA.

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 18:18 Quote
iamenduro14 wrote:
morcombemedia wrote:
Lol Cali is huge. Long way to another state here.

Side note, what are your guys' stravas? If you use it

Just Finn Morcombe but I haven't really used it, I'll start soon

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 22:51 Quote
Sam Thomas is my Strava

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 23:04 Quote
Grant Rogers is my strava from San Diego, CA to narrow it down

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 23:35 Quote
My name will have Bristol, England underneath t

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 23:40 Quote
https://www.strava.com/athletes/7460071
To make life easier.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 0:56 Quote
do we have any s a d b o i s here

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.046268
Mobile Version of Website