Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Vernon's getting pretty ruff. Unfortunate.

This whole valley is really going downhill theft/crime wise...

Welcome to the theftanagn.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
Vernon will never be as shady as Kelowna, that place is a dump.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
I would like to know so I can better protect myself, but are these thefts happening out of your garages? Are people breaking into the side entry doors? Or are these thefts happening off your vehicle as you transport them?

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 16:40 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
I would like to know so I can better protect myself, but are these thefts happening out of your garages? Are people breaking into the side entry doors? Or are these thefts happening off your vehicle as you transport them?

My friend had one out of a garage and the next was off the back of the car (they literally stole the rack the bikes were locked to, along with the bikes). I had one out of the back of the truck, but I was being careless.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
It was out of my parents garage. Some how broke into my moms car, no vehicle damage. Maybe the guy had a scanner for the car door locks? Got the garage door opener and took the bike

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 17:58 Quote
I’m the case of the garage, are they coming through the side door or the main gate? I ask because the side door seems easier to break in unseen and unheard but also is easier to alarm.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 21:55 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
I’m the case of the garage, are they coming through the side door or the main gate? I ask because the side door seems easier to break in unseen and unheard but also is easier to alarm.

They said they the person broke into a car and used the garage opener to open the door and take the bike.

Pretty common thing these days, we removed our garage door openers from our vehicles and dont program our vehicles with the ability to open them with whatever onboarding system cars have these days.

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
k-towntrailryder wrote:
Poachninja wrote:

They said they the person broke into a car and used the garage opener to open the door and take the bike.

Pretty common thing these days, we removed our garage door openers from our vehicles and dont program our vehicles with the ability to open them with whatever onboarding system cars have these days.

Sorry, missed that. Thanks.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Its a matter of forum etiquette. Things roll pretty loose in here and most of us appreciate that, but turning this into the buy sell for one individual is pretty big sign of disrespect.

I would wager most of the regular poster have sold something through the PB buy/sell in this last year, yet Randy is the only guy posting it in the forum....

Forum Etiquette in the VRT.. lol Good one Crawford.

Oh, and I sold them last week to a frequent poster in this thread, so truly appreciate the bump!

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
... Thanks for that tossed Salad, gtfoh trying to pick on a forum O.G. Salad, you broke the rules now check yourself.

... To touch on the previous topic of theft. ... So to be safe should XB not keep his garage door opener in his car even if he doesn't have a garage just to be safe? Probably not a bad idea to DBL down and hedge his bets heh.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
If you dont have a garage are you really a man?

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
k-towntrailryder wrote:
If you dont have a garage are you really a man?

Dude that's deep, never really looked at it like that.

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
Rampage Day.....

XB back in the day showing off for the ladies.

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
Fairclough was Robbed!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021022
Mobile Version of Website