Brace yourselves

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
I saw a 32” wheel bike IRL last week.

Brace yourselves

Was it a pennyfarthing?

Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 14:18 Quote
The Farthing rips. Mullet before mullet was cool.

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Could Norco make a any more Ugly Bike? Don't think so. 180 / 180... Heavy like Pig, yah ok Norco...

... XB'll take that new NukeProof all day over that Noiseco. What the hell Norco, feel nautious now, that thing is Gross.

I kinda like the funky coloured one.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 8:12 Quote
13 speeds out, that's it XB quits.

X-650-B has spare parts for (4) different drivetrains already, 9spd, 10, 11, 12 spd ... Put another one on top of that, please no.

In MTB if you don't sell your used, spare parts right away, they are worthless in no time. How do Bike companies ever perfect anything when they start with a new concept with a completely new set of problems every 12 months or so.

MTB is the greatest Scam the world has ever witnessed.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 8:31 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
13 speeds out, that's it XB quits.

X-650-B has spare parts for (4) different drivetrains already, 9spd, 10, 11, 12 spd ... Put another one on top of that, please no.

In MTB if you don't sell your used, spare parts right away, they are worthless in no time. How do Bike companies ever perfect anything when they start with a new concept with a completely new set of problems every 12 months or so.

MTB is the greatest Scam the world has ever witnessed.

yup... you only need 8 or 9 speed.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
I saw a 32” wheel bike IRL last week.

Brace yourselves

Was it a pennyfarthing?

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dOJ4W1?fbclid=IwAR2EdA5JU-SA3O-k1L1ruIchhx57sbLOhky6SgGeX2bpzENPke_WDJsDVKM

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
The truly smart rider follows the tail-end of trends and scoops up the deals on great stuff that everyone thinks is now junk.

Unfortunately I'm not that smart.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
Some of the best bikes XB had, he bought used. Also bought this Spesh Enduro (old school one) the Geo was so horrible: used to get mad and ghost ride the thing down hills as like payback for it's sh#ittiness, and just cudd not kill the thing. Specialized makes a solid bike, and all their house brand components and "S" branded hubs was all top notch.

If that New Norco Range was even 1/2 as ugly as the new Shore, it's still uglier than Danny Hart. Kinda rude even using Danny in this comparison... That's how ugly these New Noiseco's have gotten. Like, it looks like they welded up a mule prototype aluminum frame, and just said good enough print as is: they sent the plans to the Giant factory in Taiwan... They probably said WTHell is this hideous beast. But it's still co-viD bro, engineers are designing this sh#t on their kids iPads at home w/ zero f#cks given... But it's cool, they jacked the price UP again in 2021 to make up for it. The consumer loses again: Hard!

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 16:42 Quote
Just rode be kind for the first time. it is a nice trail, and in great shape right now, still very rideable no mud or snow to worry about.

Also huge props for the reroute on paligap off the skidded road much nicer now.

added a vid of the wall ride and the rock drop.

by damo
Views: 147    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

by damo
Views: 126    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 at 18:12 Quote
Thanks for the vid post... Nice riding, that wall looks pretty tech.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 18:01 Quote
New trail B Tired is pretty good. B Tired because it's a looooong pedal to get up there. I recommend shuttle or E-bike.
After all that pedaling there's still more up for the first bit of trail because you have to get over the top to the downhill side. It's necessary so it is what it is. That said I will subtract a few points. One for the unnecessary uphill right before the wall ride section just to ride over three rocks. The other for the rock drop landing. It's already getting pounded and starting to sink. It will need transition work in the future. Hey, everything can't be all rainbows and Lollipops. Razz
Anyway all in all pretty fun and well done by all the people involved.

P.S.- Aunt Flovid is better now that its packed in but still too much dropping gears and pedaling for a "Blue Jump Line".

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 19:04 Quote
You got something against pedaling? It's called a Pedal Bike, check the Start up Users Guide that came with Bike: Probably reads: you gotta pedal, this sh#t ain't easy.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 19:59 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
You got something against pedaling? It's called a Pedal Bike, check the Start up Users Guide that came with Bike: Probably reads: you gotta pedal, this sh#t ain't easy.

I have nothing against pedaling, I'm just not fond of too much pedaling. We've went through all this before no need to do it again. I pedaled up, wanted all down, mostly got it and the trail was pretty good. What was being sold this time is what we got. Well done.

Posted: Oct 17, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

I have nothing against pedaling, I'm just not fond of too much pedaling. We've went through all this before no need to do it again. I pedaled up, wanted all down, mostly got it and the trail was pretty good. What was being sold this time is what we got. Well done.

Sorry, XB's material be getting a little light. We totally played out this exact scenario be4 didn't we...?

Just face it, you and I are purrrrrfect candidates for E-Bikes aren't we. XB's just still in denial, and you are waiting for the 26lb model.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022726
Mobile Version of Website