Silicone Spray on 2014 888 stanctions- any danger to seals?

PB Forum :: Marzocchi
Silicone Spray on 2014 888 stanctions- any danger to seals?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 9:21 Quote
hey guy and girls.

I have a brand new set of 2014 888 CRs that I'm currently bedding in- only two short light rides in so far. The forks are as expected very plush, but I've been curious to see if there is any benefit to using a silicone spray to (apparently) boost the initial sensitivity of the stroke and keep the fork running sweetly. Bespoke bike silicone sprays like Maxima SC1 and Juice lubes have me curious but I'm loath to spend over the odds for a tin of something that can be found in car stores for a third of the price... (I am Scottish after all Smile )

I've also read conflicting info about damage to fork seals using silicone sprays on the upper tubes.. I saw recently on another site that Marzocchi themselves use Maxima products for cleaning/stripping internals during servicing, but I'm talking only about the stanction lubrication I've seen people raving about recently. My local Halfords (amongst others) have a general purpose silicone spray that im thinking of.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/grease/halfords-silicone-lubricant-400ml#tab3

Any thoughts?

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 10:19 Quote
Nope all forkdeos and forkjuice is silicone based

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 7:23 Quote
I've been using Maxima SC-1 on my stanchions for a while now and no problems, only nice supple sliding.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009092
Mobile Version of Website