Marin Bikes Warranty

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 17, 2015 at 20:12 Quote
Has anyone ever dealt with Marin on Warranty issues. On their site it says it covers its full suspension frames for 5 years. My 2012 east peak frame just cracked. Usually, in these cases manufactures only replace the frame, the problem is Marin has no current 26" models. So I don't know if they have some old frames hanging around or if they would give me a 27.5" or 29" whole bike because none of parts would transfer over?

Posted: Mar 19, 2015 at 1:55 Quote
This is going back a very, very long time (15 years at a guess) and both myself and a friend snapped the headtubes off Marin Muirwood frames. His was a lot older than mine and when sent off, via a local Marin stockist whom he did not buy the bike from, they returned a Team Marin frame.
My frame was returned, in the same manner although I had purchased my bike from the stockist, and they sent me back a BearValley SE frame.
I suggest you send it back, potentially with the wheels since its going to be a problem and see what happens.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2015 at 4:18 Quote
Warranty centres normally have some old stock for replacement and if not they may have just the part that need replacing, like just the chainstay.
At the moment you have a cracked frame good for nothing so any new frame is going to better. Why don't you call the distributor/warranty centre and speak them directly. Obviously they are still going to want to see it before promising a new frame

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007942
Mobile Version of Website