The 26" street thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" street thread
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 9:01 Quote
The stout, in street mode.
photo

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 14:44 Quote
Well shit, if the real street thread isnt going to be the "street" thread then Im in.
Heres my street bike. It has white cranks instead of black now.
Photo shoot of the 2012 John Deere Suburban Park.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 14:49 Quote
Sick build BSal.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 20:38 Quote
So im trying to find a used fork for my new build and i found a 2010 fox float rlc. Are these any good? I know pretty much nothing about fox forks. The fork in question here. I looks pretty haggard but i dont really care as long as it works.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 21:00 Quote
bordom wrote:
So im trying to find a used fork for my new build and i found a 2010 fox float rlc. Are these any good? I know pretty much nothing about fox forks. The fork in question here. I looks pretty haggard but i dont really care as long as it works.
That seems like an awful lot for a five year old fork.

Edit: maybe get this instead?
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1740272/

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 21:20 Quote
That'd be great, only cali is a bit far away. Trying to find a 15mm axel fork to match a wheel set i found but it seems like thats not going to happen. lol

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 21:22 Quote
On the bright side, you can get a 20mm hub for not too much, and get some practice lacing wheels!

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 21:24 Quote
samsq wrote:
On the bright side, you can get a 20mm hub for not too much, and get some practice lacing wheels!
yeah, front wheel isnt really a problem. Trying to find a used back wheel with a single speed hub is rough

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 21:28 Quote
bordom wrote:
samsq wrote:
yeah, front wheel isnt really a problem. Trying to find a used back wheel with a single speed hub is rough
Just get a normal cassette hub and a single speed kit. Single speed hubs aren't worth it IMO.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 21:40 Quote
samsq wrote:
bordom wrote:
samsq wrote:
Just get a normal cassette hub and a single speed kit. Single speed hubs aren't worth it IMO.
I've had some rough experiences with single speed kits. lol. I've got more faith in a dedicated single speed. I found a cheapo wheelset off a norco 250 so I'll probably grab that for now until i get a proper wheel set sorted. I also found a 2012 circus expert which I'll probably get.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 11:59 Quote
Any tips for hop to manuals? I can hop, and I can manny, but I can't quite get the hop to manual.

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 12:04 Quote
samsq wrote:
Any tips for hop to manuals? I can hop, and I can manny, but I can't quite get the hop to manual.
As you hop, get the bike away from you and shirft your weight (mainly your butt) to the rear end of the wheel, or over the bike.

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 14:05 Quote
Do you have a brake. I found it helped knowing that I could pull the brake if it was going to go bad. It was a mind over matter thing for me

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019478
Mobile Version of Website