The 26" street thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" street thread
Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 3:34 Quote
I think I might pay you guys to order one for me and then I'll pay you lol for me both frames are around 380€

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 3:38 Quote
Anoyone have any idea when the 2015 Deity frames are out? Not that I have the money for one right now or anytime soon, but really keen to see what they've done for this year besides just the tapered steerer

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 3:40 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
Anoyone have any idea when the 2015 Deity frames are out? Not that I have the money for one right now or anytime soon, but really keen to see what they've done for this year besides just the tapered steerer
I'd guess this month or next. Sea Otter, Interbike, etc. is often when you see that stuff.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 3:43 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
christianridesbikes wrote:
I'd guess this month or next. Sea Otter, Interbike, etc. is often when you see that stuff.
True.. Totally forgot about sea otter. So around the middle to end of this month we should hear something. Fingers crossed!

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 8:27 Quote
Just waiting on my new odyssey twisted crackle pedals and a front brake so I can ride blue mountain
Finished my dartmoor build other than getting new pedals

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 8:43 Quote
Holy high front end batman

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 10:23 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Holy high front end batman
Lol yeah feels good I'm not that tall but it feels comfortable

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 13:06 Quote
Finally finished my Void build. I had a chance to get it out on the street today and I really like the feel of it over the P3 that it replaced for street riding. I guess I just prefer the feel of chromo over aluminum.
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 13:08 Quote
Shipping is genna set me back by £80 pretty steep :///

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 14:19 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/blank-euro-bottom-bracket/rp-prod45327
Is this a good bottom bracket to run in the dartmoor I posted above? Or what are your guys suggestions

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
If it fits the frame run it
there is no need to worry about BB quality for a street ride.

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 17:42 Quote
oostivinater1994 wrote:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/blank-euro-bottom-bracket/rp-prod45327
Is this a good bottom bracket to run in the dartmoor I posted above? Or what are your guys suggestions

for the most part, most BB bearings are the same (some have different colour seals). you're just paying for the name and the fancy BB cone spacers (whatever colour you want)

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 17:47 Quote
oostivinater1994 wrote:

for the most part, most BB bearings are the same (some have different colour seals). you're just paying for the name and the fancy BB cone spacers (whatever colour you want)

EDIT: if you're going for a euro BB (threads into the frame) go with an external bearing instead of the internal style BB like the one you posted a link to. External euro BB's run bigger bearings spaced further apart. as long as you have a long enough spindle. Deity and profile make one (probably some others too)
photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 18:36 Quote
so.... i need a new frame. needs a positive BB with a 450mm rigid, and preferably 14.5" chain stays. suggestions?

Posted: Apr 5, 2015 at 18:38 Quote
Deity have a sale on 2014 frames right now, dunno if that's what you're looking for though

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027421
Mobile Version of Website