Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 10:58 Quote
Yep, a riding mate had one and it was nothing but trouble. The new One Up dropper looks good for the money.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 3:31 Quote
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me what Hope pressfit BB I would need for my 2015 meta v4 race? I’m running the RaceFace turbine cranks that came on the bike.

A link would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Steve

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 5:09 Quote
24mm axle or 30 ?

If it's the 24mm axle, I would probably stay away from the Hope bottom bracket. Not that it's a bad one, but it costs about £100 ... Which is waaaay too much in my book ...

I ran a cheap Shimano bottom bracket (with a metric ton of thick grease on the back of the bearings, as Shimano bottom brackets' bearings are only waterproof on the outside, so I just pack of grease the backside), and even if they only last 6 months, it's £15 max to replace. Mine lasted 2 years, and only replaced it because I changed the crankset.

Look at the PF41 models, that's what you're looking for (either in 30mm or 24mm axle)

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 8:52 Quote
Turbine is 30mm spindle...shimano BB not an option for him. It seems 30mm spindle causes more problem with PF92/41 because of less room for bearings. That is why people are opting to install expensive BB with promises for better performance.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 9:01 Quote
The Turbine exists in 24mm (older version) and Cinch (30mm), hence my question Smile

For the 30mm version, the Hope PF41 30mm is really good for the money, but might not "fit". the RaceFace Cinch spindle is longer than the Hope 30mm one, even when counting the preload ring.

I had the problem on the DH bike (Hope PF41 30mm bottom bracket with Hope Cranks, that were replaced with a RF Atlas Cinch, same bottom bracket), and there was a too big of a gap between the preload ring and the bottom bracket. I solved it using some 1mm spacer that I put on the spindle (was lucky to have that lying around).

If you go this way and use the proper spacing on the bottom bracket according to Hope, you'll most likely have to find a 1-1.5mm spacer (with an ID for 30mm).

Now I'm just buying stock RaceFace bottom brackets, slightly cheaper, not too bad either, but no extra spacer required.

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 14:09 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
The Turbine exists in 24mm (older version) and Cinch (30mm), hence my question Smile

For the 30mm version, the Hope PF41 30mm is really good for the money, but might not "fit". the RaceFace Cinch spindle is longer than the Hope 30mm one, even when counting the preload ring.

I had the problem on the DH bike (Hope PF41 30mm bottom bracket with Hope Cranks, that were replaced with a RF Atlas Cinch, same bottom bracket), and there was a too big of a gap between the preload ring and the bottom bracket. I solved it using some 1mm spacer that I put on the spindle (was lucky to have that lying around).

If you go this way and use the proper spacing on the bottom bracket according to Hope, you'll most likely have to find a 1-1.5mm spacer (with an ID for 30mm).

Now I'm just buying stock RaceFace bottom brackets, slightly cheaper, not too bad either, but no extra spacer required.

Would this be the correct RaceFace BB?

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Race-Face-Cinch-BB92-Bottom-Bracket_71947.htm?sku=224052&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&mkwid=scoe0UUN3_dm%7Cpcrid%7C44565154373%7Cproduct%7C224052%7C&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwtHimKip2wIV7pPtCh3rbgxOEAQYAiABEgI7avD_BwE#

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 23:33 Quote
Looks like it is yea, for some reason I was not able to fit the middle tube on my V4 (while it was fine on the DH V4.2 I had). It didn't bother me much as the bottom bracket shell on the Meta V4 is solid, without any hole to let water in/out. I packed with grease again and that was it.

I've had this one on my V4 for about a year now, still super smooth. I "press" the aluminium bottom bracker with a mallet, a piece of wood and a touch of grease on the cups (for the Shimano BB, I use a small amount of blue loctite, since the cups are essentially plastic)

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
Put the bearings in the freezer for half hour before fitting, it makes the job so much easier.

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 7:21 Quote
Hi!
I've searched the thread, but haven't found a definitive answer. What is the max insertion length for a seatpost on a medium Meta V4 frame?

I could potentially fit a 150mm dropper above the top of the seat tube, but the rest of the post need to be fully inserted then.

Posted: May 31, 2018 at 20:08 Quote
kjetims wrote:
Hi!
I've searched the thread, but haven't found a definitive answer. What is the max insertion length for a seatpost on a medium Meta V4 frame?

I could potentially fit a 150mm dropper above the top of the seat tube, but the rest of the post need to be fully inserted then.

dont know the exact number, but I have a race face turbine dropper post with 15cm travel, and at max insertion it's about 1 to 1,5cm outside of the seat tube, on a Meta AM V4 Medium sized frame

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 0:49 Quote
pasteldepapa wrote:
kjetims wrote:
Hi!

dont know the exact number, but I have a race face turbine dropper post with 15cm travel, and at max insertion it's about 1 to 1,5cm outside of the seat tube, on a Meta AM V4 Medium sized frame

Thanks! That helps alot. Kind of looks like I just have to keep using the 125mm Reverb then. Minor problem anyway. Thanks again Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 7:01 Quote
photo

I just built up a brushed metal last night, picked it up down at their headquarters in Golden & specc'd it out with my own liking! Can't wait to ride it!

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 8:18 Quote
that's one hell of a bike Drool

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 8:25 Quote
jhilly wrote:
photo

I just built up a brushed metal last night, picked it up down at their headquarters in Golden & specc'd it out with my own liking! Can't wait to ride it!

Lovely!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012237
Mobile Version of Website