Stuck bar end plug.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Stuck bar end plug.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 4, 2015 at 19:28 Quote
I broke the outer lockring of my grip of yesterday and when Iwent to remove the grip I realized that the rubber/plastic bar plug is stuck. It's a tight fit since ENVE bars are thicker than aluminum. They won't budge and I ripped the outer part off while pulling so the second half is now stuck. Any ideas?

Posted: May 4, 2015 at 20:36 Quote
pm148 wrote:
I broke the outer lockring of my grip of yesterday and when Iwent to remove the grip I realized that the rubber/plastic bar plug is stuck. It's a tight fit since ENVE bars are thicker than aluminum. They won't budge and I ripped the outer part off while pulling so the second half is now stuck. Any ideas?
Maybe try compressed air into the other side?

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 6:07 Quote
chasehiggins wrote:
pm148 wrote:
Maybe try compressed air into the other side?

Good idea, but I'm not sure If the other end will pop out either. I'll try my luck.

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 12:02 Quote
My bad I thought you had one out, maybe try drilling through the other bar end or prying it with a small screwdriver

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008712
Mobile Version of Website