2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 10:18 Quote
Anyone have weight on stock 2016 SJ Elite please?

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
[Quote="snowtrooperjr"]
Vanguard wrote:
snowtrooperjr wrote:

I think it is a potential parts failure, so they replace the part. Like a recall. IMO, it was announced last summer, briefly after the new model was introduced.
So I take it new ones should already have it installed?

There was initial reports of the shock yoke attachment bolt backing out on some units, a new bolt with the keyed retainer was sent out, along with a new torque spec. If you look down there you should be able to see a black anodized piece that fits into the yoke where the bolt goes through. if unsure, call specialized with your serial number to confirm.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 15:32 Quote
Thanks for all the h20 advice. I'll find myself a shorter bottle that doesn't rub up on the shock, purist and podium both sound like prime options. Now on to the decision of whether I want to start adding blue colors to my stumpy by getting a blue bottle, or keep the bike colors straight up black and burnt orange? Any advice/thoughts are welcome!

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 18:46 Quote
I have a shitload of orange, so blue is the natural conclusion. But with the subtle amount of orange on your bike, maybe a little more orange?

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2016 at 15:50 Quote
2016 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper 650B

Proud new owner! Added the Gamut SXR guide

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 10:23 Quote
Hey Guys,
I've got the 2016 Comp Carbon 650b. I replaced the Revelation with a 160 Pike Solo Air. Love it. Next up on my list of changes will be to convert it to 1X. I'm thinking the X01 with a direct mount 32. Does anyone know if I need the 0mm or 6mm offset?
Thanks,
Ron

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 9:00 Quote
RonnieBravo wrote:
Hey Guys,
I've got the 2016 Comp Carbon 650b. I replaced the Revelation with a 160 Pike Solo Air. Love it. Next up on my list of changes will be to convert it to 1X. I'm thinking the X01 with a direct mount 32. Does anyone know if I need the 0mm or 6mm offset?
Thanks,
Ron
I could be wrong but doesn't that come with Shimano XT? You'd have to replace the rear driver with an XD driver to fit a SRAM 11spd cassette, which I'm pretty sure you can get, but it might be easier to just go 1x11 XT M8000. It'll be like 100g heavier but at least $200 cheaper, not even including the driver.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 20:45 Quote
RonnieBravo wrote:
Hey Guys,
I'm thinking the X01 with a direct mount 32. Does anyone know if I need the 0mm or 6mm offset?
Thanks,
Ron

6mm offset you will want

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 23:06 Quote
I just rode my brand new 2016 Stumpy Expert 650B, in the Santa Cruz Ca. mountains, Demo Forest, Ridge trail to Flow and Coral trail . It was frekin awesome! It climbed and descended far better than I could hope for. I got into some stuff I know my old bike would have cost me some skin and blood, but this bike handled it with ease. This bike is a wicked sweet machine. Plus I picked it up for 50% off retail price from an Specialized elite dealer.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 6:22 Quote
Hey some part of my frame is filling up with water when I rinse the bike. Because after I flip the bike upside down post-rinse, water pours out of either the seat tube or rear stays, can't really tell which one. But it is a solid amount of water coming out, maybe a 1/2 to a full cups worth. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 7:14 Quote
tacotruck666 wrote:
I just rode my brand new 2016 Stumpy Expert 650B, in the Santa Cruz Ca. mountains, Demo Forest, Ridge trail to Flow and Coral trail . It was frekin awesome! It climbed and descended far better than I could hope for. I got into some stuff I know my old bike would have cost me some skin and blood, but this bike handled it with ease. This bike is a wicked sweet machine. Plus I picked it up for 50% off retail price from an Specialized elite dealer.

WTF, 50% off retail? Shit I would gladly pay that for this bike! Too bad no Elite Specialized retailer in my area will nudge a penny.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
Wolfdog wrote:
tacotruck666 wrote:

WTF, 50% off retail? Shit I would gladly pay that for this bike! Too bad no Elite Specialized retailer in my area will nudge a penny.

Dang most I have ever gotten is 30% a previous year's model. Good stuff! And yeah this bike is the most fun thing that I have ever ridden. I just found a zone covered with shale rock that has formed into spines from rain runoff, and this stumpy cruised those descents with ease! ...while climbing back up the return trails no problem at all.

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2016 at 15:50 Quote
Yes, you are correct it does come with an XT rear. I've got a XC bike for racing so this is really my Enduro racing and Park bike. I planned on going 1X10 first and seeing how that works. If I go 11, I was just going to use a shimano 11spd rear.

seanondemand wrote:
RonnieBravo wrote:
Hey Guys,
Thanks,
Ron
I could be wrong but doesn't that come with Shimano XT? You'd have to replace the rear driver with an XD driver to fit a SRAM 11spd cassette, which I'm pretty sure you can get, but it might be easier to just go 1x11 XT M8000. It'll be like 100g heavier but at least $200 cheaper, not even including the driver.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 11:27 Quote
purexlife wrote:
Has anyone found a good washer to replace the taco blade so the spacing is correct?

Hey, I was looking through the rest of this forum and didn't see if you got an answer to your question. I'm about to convert to 1x10 on my 2016 stumpjumper comp when my 28T absoluteblack oval chainring comes in. Did you end up finding washers or something to make up for the space of the now unnneeded taco blade? I'm glad I stumbled across this.. wasn't even aware i would have to install any washers.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 14:23 Quote
shearinphotos275 wrote:
purexlife wrote:
Has anyone found a good washer to replace the taco blade so the spacing is correct?

Hey, I was looking through the rest of this forum and didn't see if you got an answer to your question. I'm about to convert to 1x10 on my 2016 stumpjumper comp when my 28T absoluteblack oval chainring comes in. Did you end up finding washers or something to make up for the space of the now unnneeded taco blade? I'm glad I stumbled across this.. wasn't even aware i would have to install any washers.

You could get some black hose and cut it. Or print a plastic one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014351
Mobile Version of Website