Looking for ppl to ride with! DH or Crosscountry

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Looking for ppl to ride with! DH or Crosscountry
Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 16:45 Quote
gbort wrote:
Laurenrpn wrote:
ya it's a great trail, still good riding right now!

Is it regulated i.e. closed during off seasons/paid entry? Or is it just sorta, come and go as you please, at your own discretion?

free to ride, website says open/closed status, not gated but respect don't ride in real mud keep the trails clean. very well maintained dirt

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 17:53 Quote
Laurenrpn wrote:
gbort wrote:
Laurenrpn wrote:
ya it's a great trail, still good riding right now!

Is it regulated i.e. closed during off seasons/paid entry? Or is it just sorta, come and go as you please, at your own discretion?

free to ride, website says open/closed status, not gated but respect don't ride in real mud keep the trails clean. very well maintained dirt

Oh yeah exactly, riding with lots of mud, depending, can really mess with the grade

Posted: Mar 22, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
Hey is anyone in this thread still looking for someone to ride with? I'm almost always on my own and I'm sure it would be more fun to ride with other people. I live close to Albion and Palgrave trails but I'm available almost anytime to ride anywhere. I like trail riding, DH, and DJ and probably been to 90% of the popular trails in Ontario. I was at Palgrave yesterday and it looks like it's in the best condition it's going to be all year.
So, if anyone is interested let me know...

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 23, 2016 at 20:10 Quote
@ugazzovision, I'm always looking for people to ride with as well. Unfortunately my schedule isn't as open as yours. Usually ride in the mornings or on weekends. I also live quite a ways from Albion. I live in Woodstock so The Pines are my home trail. If you are ever coming this way to do the pines or Fanshawe Lake in London I'd be interested in meeting up. My gf took me to Albion one time ( she used to race there) and my chain broke about 20 minutes in. I imagine we will head up there this summer. I'm also looking to explore the Kelso area this summer.

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 12:17 Quote
@blazekelly, I've never been to Pines or Fanshawe so I'm interested. Probably make a great day trip for me. If you want some company and you are going out, give me a heads-up.
Albion is great if you like to race. It's long and a good cardio workout. If you like more features Palgrave is just a couple minutes from there. Still a good cardio workout but they have added in a few jumps in the last couple years to make it more fun.
Kelso is good too. Nice flowing trail with some features. A little bike skills area too.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 1:23 Quote
Fanshawe is a pretty good day trip spot, it's nice to take a break and look out at the water. They have some pretty neat features as well. I will definitely keep you posted when I head out there.
I'm going to look into Palgrave, as I'd prefer the features to the cardio workout haha.
Have you ridden something called 'broken rim' near Kelso? Read about it in another thread on here, sounds a little more technical.

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 7:08 Quote
I prefer features too.
I checked on Pines and Fanshawe. Fanshawe might be a little far for me but I wouldn't mind going through Pines with a local.
Albion is about 18km to do the whole black trail. It has 3 pretty long climbs to suck the life out of you and I don't find the trails interesting at all. Palgrave is about 6km and way better flow. They rebuilt about half of it and that part is pretty good. The other half needs some work to make it more fun. They are right beside each other so you can always combine both together.
I've been on a trail called 'bent rim' at Hilton Falls maybe it's the one you are looking for. Hilton is north of the 401 from Kelso. Gotta like rocks if your going to go on bent rim. Aside from that they have a good mix of trails. I've been a couple of times and had fun.
Right beside Hilton to the West is Mohawk. Only go if you really love lots of jagged, slippery rocks on every trail.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 13:20 Quote
Well if you are looking to check out The Pines I'd suggest the day to do it would be Sunday May 29th. They have a demo day there. Last year there was a few local bike shops and Giant/Liv that had tents set up, with the new bikes to demo. They had a BBQ as well, it was a pretty good day. But if you want to check it out without all the commotion I'd be willing to show you around any time.

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 13:55 Quote
I live in Guelph also and would not mind if we got a few riders together for a ride. Myself and a pal go out almost every weekend to numerous trials around KW and Guelph area as soon as it gets dry enough.

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 6:46 Quote
@A02blkvert: I'm up for KW/Guelph trails. Going out with a local would be great. I've never been to the Hydrocut so that's on my list. If you need a spare rider in your group just let me know.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 20:57 Quote
ugazzovision wrote:
@blazekelly, I've never been to Pines or Fanshawe so I'm interested. Probably make a great day trip for me. If you want some company and you are going out, give me a heads-up.
Albion is great if you like to race. It's long and a good cardio workout. If you like more features Palgrave is just a couple minutes from there. Still a good cardio workout but they have added in a few jumps in the last couple years to make it more fun.
Kelso is good too. Nice flowing trail with some features. A little bike skills area too.

I'm pretty sure Bent Rim Trail is HIlton Falls. You can get into Hilton Falls with the same day pass as Kelso's and vice versa. I went to Hilton Falls far to inexperienced and I didn't have fun except for the end of a very hard trail and the outer double tracks. I've been planning on going back soon since I feel I'm a bit better rider now.

Posted: Jun 28, 2016 at 5:00 Quote
I keep hearing fanshawe n hydrocut. What about turkey point in tilsonburg with like 60km of trails. Here the website http://www.tpmbc.com . Though id share Big Grin ive never been there yet but you can park at a place called long eco adventure i heard and you can access the trails there.

Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 6:21 Quote
Turkey point is awesome, tons of flowing trails, easy to navigate!

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 19:36 Quote
Anybody have plans to get out this weekend?
If so when and where?

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 at 16:31 Quote
blazekelly wrote:
Anybody have plans to get out this weekend?
If so when and where?

I was at Blue yesterday, I'll be there tomorrow & Sunday

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020851
Mobile Version of Website