Yeti SB6c Thread

PB Forum :: Yeti
Yeti SB6c Thread
Previous Page |
Posted: Jul 9, 2015 at 7:09 Quote
General discussion thread for SB6c owners and enthusiasts.

Got mine recently, and wow does it ride nice. Upgraded from the pre 27.5 Nomad from SC, and the rear suspension just simply does its freaking job!
O man

Here's mine setup for DH bashing
photo
A healthy diet always includes moar potatoes. Thank you DG Cycles Glendora
It was worth it. Thank you DG Cycles Glendora

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 7:13 Quote
I own a sb5c and I am torn between this and a DH bike. I feel like I could own this bike and swap forks depending on what I am riding. Is that your intent with this bike?

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 7:53 Quote
spitfiredd wrote:
I own a sb5c and I am torn between this and a DH bike. I feel like I could own this bike and swap forks depending on what I am riding. Is that your intent with this bike?

You won't need a DH bike unless you are absolutely hammering the shit out of the gnar and gapping into rock gardens. 650b + 6 inches of travel makes for an extremely capable bike, but a DH fork in the front will definitely make it more fun on the downduro!

Jared and Richie with the DH6cUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/2/photos/87265/s1600_vitalgravesinterviewa18w5348.jpg?1425339355
photo
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.mtb-check.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/jared-graves-sb6-DH.jpg
Hucking with a 160mm fork
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 9:00 Quote
Ya didn't Richie Rude just win a DH event this past weekend on the 6c?

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 9:06 Quote
Yep. Richie and Jason, both on the DH6c, took the first two spots on the podium at Mtn Creek!

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 9:55 Quote
theminsta wrote:
Yep. Richie and Jason, both on the DH6c, took the first two spots on the podium at Mtn Creek!

Besides a fork, what else do you need to put dual crown fork on the bike?
Is the DH6c diff from the SB6c? The photo's had 'Prototype' on the downtube.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 10:02 Quote
Prototype (probably) refers to Boost BB area and different carbon processes used. A direct mount stem is nice, but make sure you have a short top subassembly on your headset if you have a large size frame. My upper crown just barely clamps the stanchions because of the 138mm headtube! And try to grab a coil shock or a super capable shock, as the SB suspension outshines a 6 inch fork, but is just a bit behind a full-out 8" downhill fork (with a DBA shock).

photo

And also, the bottom bracket is raised with a longer fork, and geometry wise, it is a bit higher than your modern DH 27.5 frames. I used to run very little sag on my 26 "DH" rig, and I carried that over to the DH6c; it rode perfectly fine and was great. But knowing what I knew, I tried changing my suspension setup drastically, and it rides much better! Not a big problem in the first place if you run normal sag amounts.

Note that the setup above runs 26er wheels. I've had tons of time on 27.5 with the DH6c and feels absolutely great!

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 21:07 Quote
Do you like your sb6c more than the nomad? Looking into copping and sb6c and start racing enduro once again.. Love my asr but need more rear travel. Maybe a CC coil if I pick one up

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 21:15 Quote
Yes, infinitely more.

The Nomad (pre 650b) had a regressive-slightly progressive-regressive leverage ratio that was absolutely garbage on the trail. The SB6c has a very nice balance of all the suspension characteristics and has a slightly progressive-linear leverage curve that is very predictable. Many suspension "gurus" hail it as the best 160mm suspension design to-date as it has a perfect amount of anti-squat, little pedal kickback and optimal rear axle path.

Only thing that people bash it for is not having a progressive enough ending stroke, which is easily remedied by a smaller volume in an air shock, and something you probably won't need if you're intending on running a coil shock with adjustable HSC (talking about the way it will be ridden).

It looks nice, suspension works very well, doesn't weigh much, geometry is on point... a great frame if you are willing to pay for it!

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 8:20 Quote
theminsta wrote:
Prototype (probably) refers to Boost BB area and different carbon processes used. A direct mount stem is nice, but make sure you have a short top subassembly on your headset if you have a large size frame. My upper crown just barely clamps the stanchions because of the 138mm headtube! And try to grab a coil shock or a super capable shock, as the SB suspension outshines a 6 inch fork, but is just a bit behind a full-out 8" downhill fork (with a DBA shock).

photo

And also, the bottom bracket is raised with a longer fork, and geometry wise, it is a bit higher than your modern DH 27.5 frames. I used to run very little sag on my 26 "DH" rig, and I carried that over to the DH6c; it rode perfectly fine and was great. But knowing what I knew, I tried changing my suspension setup drastically, and it rides much better! Not a big problem in the first place if you run normal sag amounts.

Note that the setup above runs 26er wheels. I've had tons of time on 27.5 with the DH6c and feels absolutely great!

Big difference between the CCDB compared to the floatx ctd? I know they're new but anyone ever try a float x2?

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 8:22 Quote
The DBA and the X2 are basically the same. I'd be curious to see if one is more plush feeling than the other, especially because the DBA needs like 5 lbs of force to get the shock moving.

And if the DBA is a 9/10, the Float X was something like 7/10

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 8:29 Quote
Thanks dude..I think I'd consider the DBcoil CS before the float x2. What chain guide you rocking minsta?

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 8:42 Quote
NP! I'd love to have the DBcoil CS but marginal suspension feel improvement kinda gets cancelled out with the extra pound on the bike. And I'm rockin the Shimano Saint guide. It has a slider bottom and a full enclosure top. You can also run a full bash guard without it hitting the guide, or just the quarter bash, which has worked pretty well for me. It's meant to fit 34, 36, and 38t chain rings

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 20:09 Quote
Thanks for the help minsta. My sb6c is coming monday evening and I'm already thinking of upgrading the shock.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013238
Mobile Version of Website