Need help choosing semi downhill mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Need help choosing semi downhill mountain bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 20:50 Quote
I'm looking into purchasing a bike that I can ride in downhill mtb parks about 4-5 times a year. I am a beginner i ride a 2014 specialized rockhopper around my local trails and recently went to whistler and loved it, but for my area a full on downhill bike is to much. Any recommendations helpful.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 9:06 Quote
Devinci Spartan Enduro/mini downhill bike that you can ride to the top.

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 13:54 Quote
definitely will check those out thanks Big Grin

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 15:21 Quote
Xprezo AdHoc. It rips and climbs too! '

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 16:04 Quote
I think that an enduro bike was made for you! there are thousand of model available. I have a ghos cagua 6540 with 160 mm travel. I usually use it on trails, but two times I went in a bike park, and the feeling with the track was good.
I don't know how whistler park is , but the type of track could be vary different for different bike park. In my case i rode a "easy" bike park, but in the Alps there are bike park where I won't go, for my( and bike ) safe.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 7:43 Quote
Most enduro bikes can handle most bike parks, now it might be easier on some trails with a downhill bike, but I have yet to find a bike park where my Devinci Spartan cannot handle ( I live in Denver CO and there are 3 big mountain bike parks, Ketstone, Trestle, Solvista within 1.5 hours and over 5 within 5 hour drive)

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 11:58 Quote
Yeah, go to your LBS and look at their Enduro bikes, buy the best spec you can afford so it's not too heavy.
In Canada, the Giant Reign 2 is pretty much the best bang for the buck at $2850 with Pike fork and Monarch+ shock, but is ~32lbs, which isn't ideal for XC riding.

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 21:41 Quote
I've done some looking at some lbs and my options are spesh enduro/ stumpjumper norco range intense tracer t275 banshee prime and ibis mojo i could also go for trek slash and cannondale jeykl but i didnt like the shop

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 11:16 Quote
MTB604972 wrote:
I've done some looking at some lbs and my options are spesh enduro/ stumpjumper norco range intense tracer t275 banshee prime and ibis mojo i could also go for trek slash and cannondale jeykl but i didnt like the shop
Assuming you mean Stumpy EVO, any of those would do the job, just pick the one that fits you and your budget, in a shop you like.

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 11:34 Quote
Check out YT and Canyon for their enduro bikes

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 11:46 Quote
+1 for the YT Capra.

Also, have you considered getting a used DH bike? You can usually pick one up for about $1000; it will be more suitable for DH park riding, and you won't risk breaking/crashing your trail bike at the bike park.

If you were looking at a new bike I'd recommend the YT Industries' Capra or Giant's Trance SX

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
What's your budget?

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 13:39 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
What's your budget?
my budget is around 4500 but that is for every thing ( Bike stand, helmet, bike shorts, shock pump potentialy a dropper post) so i would say my bike budget is around $3800 but only if it comes with a dropper post

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010781
Mobile Version of Website