Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
Posted: Oct 20, 2015 at 16:11 Quote
Maybe I'll see you up there, what day are you going??

Posted: Oct 21, 2015 at 22:03 Quote
spencer666 wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:
spencer666 wrote:

What is your favorite type of ridding? I.E. groomed flowy jump trails or tech gnar?

Steep techy stuff with lots of rocks and roots.

Then you'll have fun at Thunder Mountain. I recommend these trails:

Too easy
The Shicst (forgive the pelling error)
Back of the shack
Thunder clits
Billy Badger

Had a blast on all of them! I only wished that The Shicst & Thunder clits was longer.

BWAHAHAHA YOU SAID THUNDER CLITS!!!!

Posted: Oct 21, 2015 at 22:04 Quote
pumptrack wrote:
Maybe I'll see you up there, what day are you going??

I will be there saturday.

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 18:49 Quote
I love Thunder Clits.

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 18:56 Quote
This place is nothing compared to highland but they've accomplished a lot in a short period of time. This place makes you pedal A LOT. The choice of trail lines through the woods aren't really steep enough. I'm hoping next year they really get on their game with some more advanced trails. The gronk is cool but once again, you have to pedal your ass off to clear half the jumps.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 1:39 Quote
If you have to pedal on the Gronk you must suck. I have to break check before every jump and still overshoot the landings with no pedaling at all.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 1:42 Quote
Your right it is not compared to highland because it's far far better.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 5:25 Quote
seismicninja wrote:
spencer666 wrote:
mfrdhracer wrote:

Steep techy stuff with lots of rocks and roots.

Then you'll have fun at Thunder Mountain. I recommend these trails:

Too easy
The Shicst (forgive the pelling error)
Back of the shack
Thunder clits
Billy Badger

Had a blast on all of them! I only wished that The Shicst & Thunder clits was longer.

BWAHAHAHA YOU SAID THUNDER CLITS!!!!

Now that's what I call an autocorrect!

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 at 6:32 Quote
Any recent gopro footage?

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 23:36 Quote
serbdog wrote:
Any recent gopro footage?

There is quite a few on YouTube. I usually just search thunder mountain and filter for the week for recent vids.

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 12:48 Quote
May be going back Saturday. Anyone gonna be there?

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 16:58 Quote
I'm heading back tomorrow 10-31-15

Posted: Oct 30, 2015 at 19:40 Quote
pumptrack wrote:
If you have to pedal on the Gronk you must suck. I have to break check before every jump and still overshoot the landings with no pedaling at all.

You must not have been there in a bit, now that the weather has changed, the Gronk isn't nearly as fast. Trust me, i've been to Thunder over 10 times this past summer(discounted season pass) and I was overshooting most of the jumps by 3-5 feet, now I have to boost myself to just make the landing. I was with another rider who asked if it was just him or was the trail running really slow. It's much colder at night up there and the ground freezes in spots relatively early in the season compared to most lower elevations. I was there 2 weeks ago and there was mud already all over the place even though it hadn't rained in a while. The ground freezes and thaws out when the sun hits the dirt, hence the slow, soft dirt. Even Conrad, the head trail builder said they have some work to do re-grading a few spots that just suck the speed out, like the access road crossing right before lower gronk.

Posted: Oct 31, 2015 at 2:10 Quote
I was there last weekend and had no problem it was running so fast. The cold just makes it faster. I think it must just be you.

Posted: Oct 31, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
pumptrack wrote:
I was there last weekend and had no problem it was running so fast. The cold just makes it faster. I think it must just be you.

Please do not take this person seriously, "Pumptrack" has not and will never acknowledge anything is less than perfect with Thunder. He opinion should be discredited for the most part from what I have seen in these Eastern forums (especially the highland one)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026988
Mobile Version of Website