Thunder Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Thunder Mountain Bike Park
O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2018 at 9:00 Quote
So, gravity logic is back on the hill and they've been quietly (well, as quiet as an excavator can be in the woods) building a few new runs on the Far East side of the park.

A lot of the project is shrouded in mystery and rumor, but from what we here there will be at least TWO new trails: 1. New Jump trail that will be considerably bigger, longer and badder than Hawleywood (!!!). 2. A Long, top to bottom trail that blends trillium and Billy Badger elements in a slightly steeper package.

That's pretty exciting stuff!

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 at 9:22 Quote
Trillium and Billy Badger blend!! Those are our favourite two trails!! Top to bottom!! Even better!! Have never ridden a park that utilizes the vertical feet of the mountain better than Thunder!!! Trails go on and on, and vary!!!

Best news if the fall. This Canadian will be back again and again...

Go Thunder!!

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 at 10:12 Quote
Yeeeaaahhhh. I’m gonna need to get another dh bike

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 at 10:22 Quote
That's awesome.

Now if only Gronk was top to bottom so I could bring a bmx race bike hahaha

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 6:08 Quote
Exciting news to hear, more trails can only make that place better than it is - look forward to visiting next year.

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 6:14 Quote
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Posted: Nov 29, 2018 at 6:07 Quote
Superbman wrote:
So, gravity logic is back on the hill and they've been quietly (well, as quiet as an excavator can be in the woods) building a few new runs on the Far East side of the park.

A lot of the project is shrouded in mystery and rumor, but from what we here there will be at least TWO new trails: 1. New Jump trail that will be considerably bigger, longer and badder than Hawleywood (!!!). 2. A Long, top to bottom trail that blends trillium and Billy Badger elements in a slightly steeper package.

That's pretty exciting stuff!
bigger then hawleywood. Dang I just got around to finally hitting it so I could say I hit the biggest stuff at thunder????

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
I went skiing at berk yesterday and i can confirm that they are infact building a new jump trail on the east side of the mountain. for you skiers/boarders the jumps are visible form the newly cut thunder trail off of outback as your going down on the left. they are most certainly huge. too big for me! I'm still working on hawleywood. lol

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 19:23 Quote
Thats dope! if you can get some pics that would be sick.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDn71YHrN0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qwhpon1bda2z

Spoke to one of the builders at the end of the season and she said the new trail is going to be really big.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 5:48 Quote
ya, thats it. i honestly couldn't believe what i was seeing. i don't think ill ever have the balls to hit that. lol theres a lot of room on that side of the mountain so id assume there will be more than the two trails mentioned above at some time in the future.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
nyhc00 wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDn71YHrN0/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=qwhpon1bda2z

Spoke to one of the builders at the end of the season and she said the new trail is going to be really big.

If one goes skiing there, it can be seen off the back side of the mountain down the new green ski run "Thunder," and I would say it's large. Right now there are all take offs and landing and they each have 20+" gaps as it stands. They'll be accessed somehow from straight back off the lift, the same direction (initially) from the runs to Pulaski and Sugar Line, etc. It looks like the beginning of the back of the mountain being opened to non-pedal-infused riding. Good times. I'll take pics next time I'm there.

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
I'm not much of a jump trail guy so I'm hoping they add more natural trails with some nice drops and tech similar to wine tree.

Posted: Jan 29, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
Never going to be drops at thunder sadly. BEast owners dont want the liabilty or something

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012503
Mobile Version of Website