GPX files not always recognized during import

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
GPX files not always recognized during import
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 13:48 Quote
I have a ride from this past weekend and wanted to upload a few trails, but instead of using the Strava import & crop feature I manually cut/trimmed the 4 trails I wanted to upload. All 4 trails are approx. 1-2 miles in length, but only 1 of the 4 actually showed on the map. The other 3 default to the Atlantic Ocean at 0, 0 Lat./Long. This has happened before, but I'm curious as to what would cause this?

The one trail that loaded as expected was actually imported off someone else's Strava ride as a .crs file first. I cut/trimmed that file in Topofusion, saved it as a .gpx and uploaded it to Trailforks.

The other 3 trails were recorded on a Garmin Edge 705, same one I've been using for 4+ years. Ride was uploaded into both Strava & Garmin Connect without issue, then exported via Garmin Connect as a .gpx file. I used Topofusion to cut/trim the route down to the individual trails.

Here's the Garmin Connect link: https://connect.garmin.com/activity/831544198

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jul 17, 2015 at 10:31 Quote
can you email me trevor@pinkbike.com the exact GPX file you tried uploading and did not work.

I've run into so many different formatting oddities with these formats. But i'm sure its an easy fix.

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 10:37 Quote
canadaka wrote:
can you email me trevor@pinkbike.com the exact GPX file you tried uploading and did not work.

I've run into so many different formatting oddities with these formats. But i'm sure its an easy fix.

Will do. I'll try & shoot them over tonight. Thanks for looking into this.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008953
Mobile Version of Website