best grips you guys have used??

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
best grips you guys have used??
Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 13:52 Quote
Didn't think this thread would get any responses Lol . Any of you guys have experience with lizard skins?

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 16:27 Quote
mandotwentysixer wrote:
Didn't think this thread would get any responses Lol . Any of you guys have experience with lizard skins?
My son ran those for a while. He liked them.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 17:54 Quote
mandotwentysixer wrote:
this and the helmet goggle combo thread are my favorite threads right now. i guess those are the two thing i am extremely picky about and interested in. my friend has the logo grips and those are thick and hard style of grip and I actually like them. i experimented with their DSP grip and hated them. they wrinkled up and you can't take them off at all. terrible for gloveless too. slippy as heck as soon as your hands get the slightest bit sweaty.

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 18:19 Quote
schuster19 wrote:
robd420 wrote:
I used to run ODI Ruffians at one time. Always liked them for my small hands. Then I ran Sensus Swayze grips which are great cushy grips. Currently I am on Sensus Disisdaboss, I love the profile, soft and sticky, nice and comfortable too.
they sound sweet. are the grips around the same diameter as ruffians or are they thicker. ruffians are a little too small for my liking even tho i have kind of small hands.

To be honest I can't remember what Ruffians feel like, I've ran Sensus since they came into the Lbs. Which has been for more than a couple years haha.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 18:57 Quote
robd420 wrote:
schuster19 wrote:
robd420 wrote:
I used to run ODI Ruffians at one time. Always liked them for my small hands. Then I ran Sensus Swayze grips which are great cushy grips. Currently I am on Sensus Disisdaboss, I love the profile, soft and sticky, nice and comfortable too.
they sound sweet. are the grips around the same diameter as ruffians or are they thicker. ruffians are a little too small for my liking even tho i have kind of small hands.

To be honest I can't remember what Ruffians feel like, I've ran Sensus since they came into the Lbs. Which has been for more than a couple years haha.
well are the disisdaboss grips somewhat thick or are they thinner?

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 19:28 Quote
schuster19 wrote:
robd420 wrote:
schuster19 wrote:

well are the disisdaboss grips somewhat thick or are they thinner?

They feel thinner than Swayzes when I hold them. And they feel thin I guess, they are a lock on grip, so they are thicker than a slide on, I like how they feel, I'm happy with them. Go to a shop, try them out.

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 19:42 Quote
odi longnecks on the dirtjumper!

race face strafe on the DH.

best grips I have used!

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 20:23 Quote
Race face strafe. Thicker and inexpensive.

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 21:51 Quote
schuster19 wrote:
mandotwentysixer wrote:
this and the helmet goggle combo thread are my favorite threads right now. i guess those are the two thing i am extremely picky about and interested in. my friend has the logo grips and those are thick and hard style of grip and I actually like them. i experimented with their DSP grip and hated them. they wrinkled up and you can't take them off at all. terrible for gloveless too. slippy as heck as soon as your hands get the slightest bit sweaty.
The logo grips look pretty good as do the ratings..I'm eyeing those or some ruffians right now.. it's actually pretty hard to believe that thhere are fellow riders picky about little things like grips or even seat clamps lol

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 23:06 Quote
mandotwentysixer wrote:
schuster19 wrote:
mandotwentysixer wrote:
The logo grips look pretty good as do the ratings..I'm eyeing those or some ruffians right now.. it's actually pretty hard to believe that there are fellow riders picky about little things like grips or even seat clamps lol
grips are huge man. they can completely change the way a bike feel. for me at least. i went from 30mm diameter grips to a 33mm grip and i felt heaps more confident on the 33 because of my hands being more relaxed and not cramped on small grip.

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 17:45 Quote
What feel do you like?

I like thin, but i also like lock-ons..

I found the Alienation Moto which is a 1/2 lock!

1/2 the plastic inner barrel is cut away, so your palm is on the bars, while your fingers wrap the barrel, its rather awesome if you like thin grips...
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Bike%20Pics/20150705_211315.jpg

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 22:24 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
What feel do you like?

I like thin, but i also like lock-ons..

I found the Alienation Moto which is a 1/2 lock!

1/2 the plastic inner barrel is cut away, so your palm is on the bars, while your fingers wrap the barrel, its rather awesome if you like thin grips...
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/sublimewind/Bike%20Pics/20150705_211315.jpg

Off topic, but that frame looks sick!

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 7:02 Quote
Thanks you Sir..!!

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 19:56 Quote
just picked up some ODI longnecks in the soft compound and threw them on my Dj and they instantly became my favorite grips ever! so squishy and great for gloveless riding! highly recommend them for all bikes.

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 19:59 Quote
schuster19 wrote:
just picked up some ODI longnecks in the soft compound and threw them on my Dj and they instantly became my favorite grips ever! so squishy and great for gloveless riding! highly recommend them for all bikes.

ha told you guys!!!

speaking of them I need another pair!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014184
Mobile Version of Website