Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Mobile App Feedback & Bugs
O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2023 at 14:55 Quote
The “last ridden” trail style on mobile doesn’t show any trails having been ridden in months at least in my region (Okanagan) whereas on desktop it’s accurate. Can this be fixed?

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2023 at 23:47 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
The “last ridden” trail style on mobile doesn’t show any trails having been ridden in months at least in my region (Okanagan) whereas on desktop it’s accurate. Can this be fixed?

We have a fix rolling out with new 1.68 version for this. Which will also trigger a re-sync of your downloaded regions to fix the missing/bad data. Its a staged rollout over many days. But if you reinstall the app it should force to the newest 1.68 version.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 7:45 Quote
canadaka wrote:
f*ckingsteve wrote:

We have a fix rolling out with new 1.68 version for this. Which will also trigger a re-sync of your downloaded regions to fix the missing/bad data. Its a staged rollout over many days. But if you reinstall the app it should force to the newest 1.68 version.

Sweet! It's perfect now!

Out of curiousity (because I'm an IT guy, haha), can you tell me what the issue was?

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 17:57 Quote
The Trailforks app attempts to store as much data offline in a local SQlite DB. So syncing data with changing DB schema over the years is a challenge. We recently made a big improvement to the speed at which android downloads regions. And the table that stores that per-activity trail data was not getting updated correctly.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 18:53 Quote
Hi All,

Im in AU and currently have version 1.66.3 iPhone 15 PM. Few issues since the most recent updates. Have re-installed and re-downloaded map data but did not help.

1. Trail reports not loading sometimes. Need to refresh it manually a few times
2. Tapping a trail name from reports > Map > gives me a blank white screen (no map data loading)

Is the above fixed in 1.68?

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2023 at 19:16 Quote
zokstar wrote:
Hi All,

Im in AU and currently have version 1.66.3 iPhone 15 PM. Few issues since the most recent updates. Have re-installed and re-downloaded map data but did not help.

1. Trail reports not loading sometimes. Need to refresh it manually a few times
2. Tapping a trail name from reports > Map > gives me a blank white screen (no map data loading)

Is the above fixed in 1.68?

Indeed this is a new issue, I can reproduce.

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2023 at 7:54 Quote
canadaka wrote:
The Trailforks app attempts to store as much data offline in a local SQlite DB. So syncing data with changing DB schema over the years is a challenge. We recently made a big improvement to the speed at which android downloads regions. And the table that stores that per-activity trail data was not getting updated correctly.

Thanks man!

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2023 at 14:30 Quote
Odd behavior today:

1.) Screen wouldn’t stay awake. The toggle is turned on. Restarted the app. Never had this issue before today. I think this is my first time using the app since the most recent update.

2.) The little green dot that indicates your progress on a route or trail didn’t show as I was riding. It showed the route and trail, but didn’t seem to know I was on it.

3.) When a Route was selected and the ride recording active, there was a lot of non-map UI taking up the screen than I remember previously. I accessed the Route from my Favorites and the annoying little banner at the bottom was a nuisance. If I hit “X” to make the banner go away, it backed me out of the Route.

Not an issue but I am really hoping Apple Watch functionality is in the works. Similar functionality as the Garmin watches.

A second request would be when a Route is selected, deviating (missing a turn) from the Route would produce a beep, like the Garmin devices operate.

Thanks for all your hard work on this great app!

iPhone 13 / iOS 17.2.0
TF 1.66.3

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2023 at 5:33 Quote
toddnzmtb wrote:
Android 1.67.2 the bottom of the app page is cut off/obscured still.

photo

It's also doing this on my phone (Android). Add trail reports button, while viewing a ride log, is completely hidden.

Another bug: when I open a ride log and view it on the apps map and then move or zoom around, it keeps snapping back to the initial view. So I can't navigate or move around on the map with ride log selected.

Posted: Dec 18, 2023 at 6:22 Quote
During my ride yesterday the app would frequently stop working after I took a picture and submitted it.

I'd open the app, find my position on the trail, open the trail and add a photo. After the photo was submitted I'd return to the trail view and everything except the border of the page would be blank: my position was gone and all the trails were gone as the map was blank.

If I closed the app and restarted it would work fine until I wanted to add another picture.

I'm on iPhone.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 2:04 Quote
Any plans to point the arrow to geo north eventually?

canadaka wrote:
We actually use a 3rd party plugin for the compass, it appears that plugin does use magnetic North.
https://github.com/pinkbike/cordova-plugin-device-orientation/blob/master/src/android/CompassListener.java#L221-L239

And in the Android docs, this is what the Android OS provides, magnetic
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/sensors/sensors_position#sensors-pos-orient

So that other app must do some of it's own calculations to determine geographic north.

"geographic north is dependent on your position on earth and the current date"

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 13:55 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
toddnzmtb wrote:
Android 1.67.2 the bottom of the app page is cut off/obscured still.

photo

It's also doing this on my phone (Android). Add trail reports button, while viewing a ride log, is completely hidden.

Another bug: when I open a ride log and view it on the apps map and then move or zoom around, it keeps snapping back to the initial view. So I can't navigate or move around on the map with ride log selected.

Adding some more bottom padding to those detail pages for next update.

That ridelog zoom bug should be fixed. Not happening for me. How are you loading the ridelog on the map? specific step by step.

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 13:58 Quote
queuetip wrote:
Odd behavior today:

1.) Screen wouldn’t stay awake. The toggle is turned on. Restarted the app. Never had this issue before today. I think this is my first time using the app since the most recent update.

2.) The little green dot that indicates your progress on a route or trail didn’t show as I was riding. It showed the route and trail, but didn’t seem to know I was on it.

3.) When a Route was selected and the ride recording active, there was a lot of non-map UI taking up the screen than I remember previously. I accessed the Route from my Favorites and the annoying little banner at the bottom was a nuisance. If I hit “X” to make the banner go away, it backed me out of the Route.

Not an issue but I am really hoping Apple Watch functionality is in the works. Similar functionality as the Garmin watches.

A second request would be when a Route is selected, deviating (missing a turn) from the Route would produce a beep, like the Garmin devices operate.

Thanks for all your hard work on this great app!

iPhone 13 / iOS 17.2.0
TF 1.66.3

The stay away bug on iOS will be fixed in next update. Found the issue.

Nothing has changed with the UI when viewing a route on the map, you can drag down the route infoWindow to give you more space, the bar at the bottom remains.

We have bit of a turn-by-turn alert coming with the upcoming Traildar feature.

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 14:00 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
During my ride yesterday the app would frequently stop working after I took a picture and submitted it.

I'd open the app, find my position on the trail, open the trail and add a photo. After the photo was submitted I'd return to the trail view and everything except the border of the page would be blank: my position was gone and all the trails were gone as the map was blank.

If I closed the app and restarted it would work fine until I wanted to add another picture.

I'm on iPhone.

Yes we found that this has started happening on iOS. We think we found a fix for this today, should be in an iOS release that will start deployment before the end of this week.

Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 14:02 Quote
canadaka wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:

I'm on iPhone.

Yes we found that this has started happening on iOS. We think we found a fix for this today, should be in an iOS release that will start deployment before the end of this week.

Awesome! Thank you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014859
Mobile Version of Website