Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds

PB Forum :: 29ers
Chromag Rootdown & Surface (and maybe Primer) Builds
O+
Posted: May 30, 2021 at 11:24 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
The Surface may be becoming my ride of choice for big epic rides in the mountains outside my front door, mainly because its my only bike with 12 speed and is a comfortable all day bike...felt pretty good on todays 6000' vert loop, not nearly as spunky or flickable on the rowdy stuff as my Switchback but definitely a solid all around all-mountain bike...

photo

That's a lotta vert!

I've never hardtailed on really big rides. Think my midsection would cramp into oblivion

O+
Posted: May 30, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
Finally everything showed up and I could finish my build. Super pumped!

photo

photo

O+
Posted: May 30, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
lance-h wrote:

And these are the photos you give us?

Side shot please!

O+
Posted: May 30, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
That's a lotta vert!

I've never hardtailed on really big rides. Think my midsection would cramp into oblivion

Nah, you would be good. I bet 75% of that time is climbing. That's like a trip up and down Mt 7 in Golden. It's long for sure but not ludicrous.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2021 at 18:37 Quote
photo

From earlier this month

Posted: May 30, 2021 at 19:47 Quote
lance-h wrote:

photo

photo
Looks amazing !!!! Hopefully some more photos to come ??? And ride report ???

Posted: May 30, 2021 at 19:51 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
The Surface may be becoming my ride of choice for big epic rides in the mountains outside my front door, mainly because its my only bike with 12 speed and is a comfortable all day bike...felt pretty good on todays 6000' vert loop, not nearly as spunky or flickable on the rowdy stuff as my Switchback but definitely a solid all around all-mountain bike...

photo

That's a lotta vert!

This time of year we start hitting it really hard just about every weekend until the snow flies again...To hit all the epic route combinations in the area once or twice it takes a whole season, and its all done on hardtails cause we are stubborn old fools...lol

Posted: May 30, 2021 at 19:54 Quote
robbiekane wrote:
photo

From earlier this month
Chromag dose raw steel finishes proper... Would be my finish of choice for sure.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2021 at 21:17 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

photo

That's a lotta vert!

This time of year we start hitting it really hard just about every weekend until the snow flies again...To hit all the epic route combinations in the area once or twice it takes a whole season, and its all done on hardtails cause we are stubborn old fools...lol

That's impressive!

I find after about 750m of vert Im starting to feel it but haven't pushed myself. New hardtail comes on line soon so we'll have to see how it fares on a longer ride. I'm scared haha

Posted: May 30, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
Ive never tasted the candy of full suspension riding so ht is all I know...Im definitely a stubborn fool for being 57 years old and never trying a fully yet...I feel Ive probably missed out on a lot for it.Confused and Im still not eager to get a fully yet..I feel like by the time I get one im gonna be to old to to use it to its potential.Or I will just be done with biking and never get one.. But wait...I'm shooting for the ride till you die program cause I've been riding my whole life instead of preparing to retire..... Its complicated:whip

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 5:52 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
Ive never tasted the candy of full suspension riding so ht is all I know...Im definitely a stubborn fool for being 57 years old and never trying a fully yet...I feel Ive probably missed out on a lot for it.Confused and Im still not eager to get a fully yet..I feel like by the time I get one im gonna be to old to to use it to its potential.Or I will just be done with biking and never get one.. But wait...I'm shooting for the ride till you die program cause I've been riding my whole life instead of preparing to retire..... Its complicated:whip

This is both ridiculous and admirable. Seems almost impossible you couldn't have tried one haha. While a good hardtail is real mountain, on rocky fast lumpy descents I will keep riding my ripmo as it just makes things so care free on the downs, while also making things easier on rocky ups. My previous trails were quite smooth so I too was all hardtail all the time till 2018, but then I did a trip to BC and said I'd never do that on a hardtail again. DH park on a hardtail hurts!

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 10:09 Quote
jph406 wrote:
lance-h wrote:

And these are the photos you give us?

Side shot please!

Hahaha. I am famed for my lack of photo ability!

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
So clean, What bars are you running ???

O+
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 18:10 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:

Thomson Ti Riser. 780mm

Posted: May 31, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
lance-h wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:

Thomson Ti Riser. 780mm
tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017826
Mobile Version of Website