dual crown forks on freeride bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
dual crown forks on freeride bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2015 at 16:36 Quote
Was wondering if it would be suitable to put dual crown forks on my 15" freeride frame and if so what travel would be good and what forks

Posted: Oct 17, 2015 at 22:57 Quote
Depends on the bike. What bike?

I have a freeride oriented frame that was sold with a single crown fork, but I threw a dual crown fork on it.

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 at 2:44 Quote
Err yeah

My Voltage FR came with dual crown Domain RCs and since then it's had Boxxer RCs and R2C2s

tbh there wasn't that much difference between the Domain and Boxxer RCs apart from some weight saving. If anything the Domains were more compliant at low speeds but neither of them was particularly good. They handled one-off impacts OK but felt out of control in sustained ugliness. The R2C2s were a lot better but only came to life when charging through stuff. Obstacles that had the RCs in a panic were a non-event with R2C2s but at anything less than full tilt they were distinctly meh.

The bike is currently fitted with Lyrik RC2 DH solo air which work well pretty much everywhere. They're lighter than the coil Boxxers and 90% of the time they are just as stiff. The air and damping adjustments allow you to set it up how you want.

I don't think I'd go back to dual crown forks again. The ultimate stiffness is nice but you need to be attacking to appreciate it.

O+
Posted: Nov 6, 2015 at 14:57 Quote
if its the dj in your profile pic i would say no. If the freeride bike has more than 180mm of rear travel its a solid maybe

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010378
Mobile Version of Website