Listed Trail Association not accurate.

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Listed Trail Association not accurate.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2015 at 14:05 Quote
New trail forks user here.

I do between 50-100 days of volunteer work on the local trails in Marin every year. Mostly at Camp Tamarancho in Fairfax.

I immediately noticed that there is only one "trail association" listed for Marin County.

This is entirely not accurate. There are at least 3 trail associations and the one listed is one of the worst "trail associations" in existence.

Is there room for multiple groups to donate to?

As a specific example there is a large crew of volunteers that do trail work at Camp Tamarancho. We get zero support from MCBC financially or in the form of volunteers. We do accept donations through the BSA and these donations are tax deductible. If someone donates to MCBC these funds will never be used for any projects at Camp Tamarancho. Yet MCBC is listed as the "trail association" for Camp Tamarancho! This is private property and MCBC is effectively stealing funds from the people that actually do work at Camp Tamarancho.

The camp is over 1/3 of the legal bike trail network in Marin County and MCBC should not receive a single penny for the hard work of volunteers that want to have nothing do do with MCBC.

Thanks
Davey

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Dec 29, 2015 at 17:20 Quote
Yup we can totally change which association gets listed in a region, the default it just trys to pick the best one, but this can be overridden on any region.

So what is your group called? Is there already a listing for it in the directory?
https://www.pinkbike.com/directory/category/1/trail-association/
If not submit a listing, then I will edit this region to show it as the local association/group

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2015 at 19:11 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Yup we can totally change which association gets listed in a region, the default it just trys to pick the best one, but this can be overridden on any region.

So what is your group called? Is there already a listing for it in the directory?
https://www.pinkbike.com/directory/category/1/trail-association/
If not submit a listing, then I will edit this region to show it as the local association/group

Thank you very much. There are two much better trail associations in this area. I will do my best to list them.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009213
Mobile Version of Website