Chromag Stylus Requesting Input, Ideas, & Recommendations

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Chromag Stylus Requesting Input, Ideas, & Recommendations
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 2:10 Quote
Here is mine with 2.8 tires before switching rear to 2.6.
photo

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 0:26 Quote
new frame from chromag 2017 stylus

new from chromag, unboxed today!

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 0:28 Quote
hyphymunk wrote:
stylus build end of day 1

end of day one

Looks killer so far..Nice work..

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 1:44 Quote
Anybody able to enlighten me on size to height info? I'm 6'2 and the website's suggested heights for sizes puts me at an in between.. Anybody a similar height ridden a M/L? thoughts are appreciated!

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 7:42 Quote
niebs12 wrote:
Anybody able to enlighten me on size to height info? I'm 6'2 and the website's suggested heights for sizes puts me at an in between.. Anybody a similar height ridden a M/L? thoughts are appreciated!

I’m the same height as you and just built up a stylus as a commuter/gravel/pumptrack bike, so I sized down to the m/l. If I was using it as a trail bike, which I assume you are, I would have definitely gone with the size large.
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 6:48 Quote
niebs12 wrote:
I’m 6’ and I went with the L. It fits great.

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 12:08 Quote
niebs12 wrote:
G with the L for sure.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 14:07 Quote
A-ROD21 wrote:
hyphymunk wrote:
Stoked I found this post! Just bought a new 2017 Stylus from Chromag, Black w/ Orange. Arriving Friday but I won't be home for a few more weeks. I'll post pics of the progress...might be awhile before everything comes together. So far I have a Chromag Fubars OSX 35 bar, Crank Bros Iodine 2 27.5 Boost Wheelset and full XT groupset, along with the Cane Creek headset and NQR gold clamp from Chromag. Almost all the rest of the parts are picked out, just waiting on cash flow! I've been looking for a fork now and this post has been so helpful! After binge-reading the entire thing (thank god it's only 15 pages), it has helped me decide that I need a dual position (160/130). Probably going with a Lyrik but that Kashima coat is so enticing...I am having trouble with my research on the new Fox forks, the Fit4 damper has 3 positions (open, med, lock) but I can't find numbers on the difference in travel between open and medium. Also, thinking of going 2.5 or 2.6 on the tires, anyone have any thoughts on tire size? What are you guys running? Any input is appreciated! Thank you!

I'm currently running 2.8 DHF up front and switched to 2.6 DHF rear on 40mm internal rim. 2.8 were rubbing against chain stay under flex.

Not a Stylus, but I've recently picked up a Chromag Wideangle and I'm trying to decide between a 2.5 or 2.6 DHF up front. I'm also interested in any thoughts on a 2.6 up front.

Running 30mm id rims.

Posted: Aug 25, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
A-ROD21 wrote:
Here is mine with 2.8 tires before switching rear to 2.6.
photo

How do you find that setup? Currently running a Stylus with a 2.5 DHF on the front and 2.4 DHR II on the back on 35 mm rims. Was going to try out a 2.8 DHF on the front and something like a 2.8 HR II on the back, but the rear tyre clearance seems to be a problem based off of your experience.

Posted: Aug 25, 2018 at 17:55 Quote
Anybody know if the geo is different between 2013 stylus and the new stylus? Looking at buying a second hand 2013 that is 26’ wheels and just curious if the geo and headangle etc are any different between newer ones vs a few years back frame, wondering if its a better choice to buy a newer one or snipe a good deal on an older one in good condition. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 25, 2018 at 18:58 Quote
niebs12 wrote:
Anybody know if the geo is different between 2013 stylus and the new stylus? Looking at buying a second hand 2013 that is 26’ wheels and just curious if the geo and headangle etc are any different between newer ones vs a few years back frame, wondering if its a better choice to buy a newer one or snipe a good deal on an older one in good condition. Thanks!
Yes they are very different. If you go to Chromags website you can look up earlier models and compare. The older Stylus was a bit more of an all around trail bike while the new one is full on “enduro” and much more DH oriented.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 16:30 Quote
photo

photo

It's been a little while since i posted my frame, but I am, as of this evening, end game. I rode with a 26" fork and wheels for a few months while I saved some cash, but it was a bit too ugly for me to post. Finally I've been able to build up some wheels and grab a nice new fork at discount.

What I have here is a bike that turns from commuter to trail ripper in 2 minutes flat (honestly i wasn't even rushing it). All I have to do is remove the street wheels, gently pull off the rear cassette and transfer it to and install the mtb wheelset. The easy cassette swap is a huge plus of running dt swiss 350 hubs, and while a bit more expensive than shimano SLX hubs, it definitely seems worth it as the wheelset swap works flawlessly. I am DONE changing out tires the night before a trail ride.

Both wheelsets are DT Swiss 350 F/R, street rims are H+SON The Hydra and MTB rims are Stans flow mk3 with cushcore installed.

Also street set is 700C rims with 40mm tires, which is nearly the same outer diameter of the 27.5 rims with 2.5" tires.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 18:33 Quote
Nice ride. How does the weight compare one wheelset to the other? Comparable or is there quite a difference between the two?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035500
Mobile Version of Website