Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Jan 12, 2017 at 13:25 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
What's the best way of starting a 4x scene?

Do you have a local bmx club/track? Might be some riders there interested or already riding 4X

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 11:48 Quote
Where are you based nojzilla?

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 12:52 Quote
losidan wrote:
Where are you based nojzilla?

East Anglia, closest 4X track is chicky

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 21:11 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:

Time travel back to 2004

Posted: Jan 13, 2017 at 22:58 Quote
Quick question
What's your gate ratio?
I'm currently 2:1 32:16,15,14 thinking of going 37:18,17,16

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2017 at 11:36 Quote
Not sure i ever posted this, evertime i look back at a bike i owned i always wish i hadn't sold it, guess thats the same for most!
Decisions decisions

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 15:27 Quote
hayden4x wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

Time travel back to 2004
Frown

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 at 11:45 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
hayden4x wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

Time travel back to 2004
Frown

We have a local club. They're usually bolted onto a bmx track.

Or just enter a few races and see who you meet. It's a pretty good atmosphere.

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 4:38 Quote
Hi All,

I am looking for Kenda Small block 8's to fit my 4X bike. There are 2 options in the 26 x 2.35 size. A light (681 grams) and a heavy one (1121 grams). Since I don't like to inflate my tyres too much: around 30-35 psi, I wonder if it would be advisable to go for the heavier ones with, I suppose, a stiffer casing which doesn't bend around the rim too much when charging hard through corners... On the one side I don't need to win races, I ride just for fun, on the other side my bike is quite heavy, so I won't need too much extra weight.

Your experiences and feedback would be much appreciated ;-)

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 5:32 Quote
trailcruiser wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking for Kenda Small block 8's to fit my 4X bike. There are 2 options in the 26 x 2.35 size. A light (681 grams) and a heavy one (1121 grams). Since I don't like to inflate my tyres too much: around 30-35 psi, I wonder if it would be advisable to go for the heavier ones with, I suppose, a stiffer casing which doesn't bend around the rim too much when charging hard through corners... On the one side I don't need to win races, I ride just for fun, on the other side my bike is quite heavy, so I won't need too much extra weight.

You ride 4x or pumptrack? For 4x I would go for other tires

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 5:52 Quote
christiaan wrote:
trailcruiser wrote:
Hi All,

Both actually, with some DJ. A new bmx track also opened nearby... Would like a great fast rolling tyre for the dry ;-)

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 6:04 Quote
trailcruiser wrote:
Hi All,

Go for the light ones, I've ran 540g racekings at about 40psi for a race season with no issues

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 6:49 Quote
trailcruiser wrote:
christiaan wrote:
trailcruiser wrote:
Hi All,

Both actually, with some DJ. A new bmx track also opened nearby... Would like a great fast rolling tyre for the dry ;-)

Then I would go for the lighter option, especially for BMX track you want a little more pressure to get it rolling as fast as you can

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 14:16 Quote
Fork question:

I have a 26" reba dual air at 120mm, can't be lowered due to the 24mm bolt being rounded off. (Could run it at around 100mm by playing with the pressures in air chambers, but don't know if that will cause any problems)
I have found a brand new 2015 reba at 100mm, but it's for 27.5" wheels, I've run 26 in 27.5 fork before on an AM bike with no worries, only problem here is that my 4X bike is pretty slack with 100mm travel and 26" fork, and don't know whether I want to go any slacker.

I'm currently selling a revelation. Do I just keep the reba I have and buy the brand new reba, even though it's 27.5mm,
Or do I sell the reba as well and buy something completely different?

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 14:17 Quote
Also, for UK people, 4X thursdays is starting at Birmingham BMX track on the 16th of Feb

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021018
Mobile Version of Website