Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 16:51 Quote
Any info on the 134 up there? Looks stock geo.

Posted: Dec 8, 2017 at 18:13 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Any info on the 134 up there? Looks stock geo.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/connor-fearons-kona-brocess-crankworx-whistler-2016.html

"rear triangle from a Kona Process 167, the front triangle from a medium sized Process 153, the shock from a Process 134, and add 26” wheels"

"Connor and Mathieu weren't sure about the creation's exact geometry numbers – there's not exactly a chart in a catalog to refer to – but based on the dimensions of the parts it was built from, it should have 420mm chainstays and 435mm of reach. It looks like the RockShox Pike has been reduced down to 130mm of travel, which would give the bike a head angle of approximately 68-degrees if my calculations are correct. "

Posted: Dec 9, 2017 at 9:54 Quote
So pretty similar to a medium process 134, just slightly different CS length. Wonder where the BB sits, given the TT still looks in line with the seatstays.

Either way, I dig it.

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 at 8:01 Quote
What are everyone's thoughts on the schwalbe table top for slalom/4x? My trid zz came with them and I'm probably going to switch out the front tire for something more aggressive but I'm debating on keeping the table top in the rear.

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
Depends on the conditions, OK for the bmx track I guess

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 17:57 Quote
My Enduro SX updates, 7 speed, MRP guide, SDG Ti-Fly stripped and recovered in leather. I also spent like 6 hours scraping off all that red paint with a razor blade, I think it was worth it!

Enduro SX

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 18:31 Quote
Looks great! Well worth the time. What are the wheels and tires?

Posted: Feb 4, 2018 at 19:02 Quote
Wheels are XT hubs to ZTR Flow rims setup tubeless with Butcher/GC 2.3 tires. They came with the bike when I bought it, not too bad, but I’d prefer a hub with more engagement points.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 9:25 Quote
Looks sick! I’ve been considering selling mine but after seeing that I think I need to keep it! They just look so nice Smile (mines back at my parents house, I’m away at uni so haven’t seen ridden it in some time)

What pressure do you run in the shock btw?

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
I’m 170lbs and was running 150psi for a few months, but just upped it to 180psi and it rides significantly better, feels like a totally different bike! I centered the compression settings and run the rebound at about 25%. Sag is probably 5% currently. I’m still experimenting with it though. I’ve run it as plush as 25% sag with the compression at 75% and only bottomed out once or twice.

I’ve really appreciated how versatile this bike is, it can easily be setup as a mini hardcore trail/enduro type bike or a 4x/slope/dj bike.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I’m 170lbs and was running 150psi for a few months, but just upped it to 180psi and it rides significantly better, feels like a totally different bike! I centered the compression settings and run the rebound at about 25%. Sag is probably 5% currently. I’m still experimenting with it though. I’ve run it as plush as 25% sag with the compression at 75% and only bottomed out once or twice.

I’ve really appreciated how versatile this bike is, it can easily be setup as a mini hardcore trail/enduro type bike or a 4x/slope/dj bike.

Cheers for the info, always interests me what other people run. Trying to dial in my settings and pressures over the next month or so as I'll be racing a few mini DH races on it as well as some DS amongst general shredding. Gonna pair it up with a 130mm pike up front to just beef it up as I've only got a 120mm rev at the moment and it's pretty flexy on the big hits

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 6:26 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
My Enduro SX updates, 7 speed, MRP guide, SDG Ti-Fly stripped and recovered in leather. I also spent like 6 hours scraping off all that red paint with a razor blade, I think it was worth it!

Enduro SX

Good work

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 15:30 Quote
I digs it greatly.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 19:46 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I was told by multiple sources that it wouldn't work, but it does... PG-720 7s cassette on Saint 10s drivetrain with no modifications.

Sram PG-720 on Saint 10s drivetrain. It works

ive been thinking about doing this? how does it run? are you still using a 10s chain?

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 20:20 Quote
j0302 wrote:
singlespeedtoday wrote:
I was told by multiple sources that it wouldn't work, but it does... PG-720 7s cassette on Saint 10s drivetrain with no modifications.

Sram PG-720 on Saint 10s drivetrain. It works

ive been thinking about doing this? how does it run? are you still using a 10s chain?

It has been running great! I was planning on using 10s cassette spacers to correct the spacing if necessary, but it wasn't. For peace of mind, I took the plastic spacer down a little bit, just to give the last cog some more room to grip the freehub body.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024427
Mobile Version of Website