Post your 4X bikes

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your 4X bikes
Posted: Jan 28, 2024 at 15:32 Quote
jackhudson44 wrote:
AntN wrote:
jackhudson44 wrote:

Would a hardtail be the right choice for the Dual Slalom at Cairns? My brother and myself are planning on making the trip over next year

Yeah man Hardtail for sure, the track surface is hardpack clay and super smooth... Mick Hannah (beast) aside everyone on a HT did really well....

A 70% effort roll though on my Yeti DJ has the same time as 90% effort on the Yeti 4X (over forked and swampy setup)

Legend! Thanks a lot for the help buddy.

We've actually got flights all booked ready for May and our first time over in Aus. Cant wait!!

Going to be lit AF, hit us up when you're here! \m/

Posted: Feb 5, 2024 at 11:24 Quote
marlon-d wrote:
photo

Finished with my Cove.

To this day, this is still a dream bike. 2 years ago I almost paid a custom builder to make me one identical to this (the builder being the folks who actually built the Cove bikes).

Don't ever sell this. I want you to haunt me with it.

O+
Posted: Feb 7, 2024 at 11:15 Quote
It will stay in my Cove collection haha. It was always a dream bike of mine too.

Posted: Feb 24, 2024 at 2:40 Quote
Hardly ride these days (Work in professional services in London so long hours & spend most of the week away from home as I live in Brum) however finally getting round to piecing some bikes back together.

Never had a great deal of money back when I was racing as a teen & into college/uni but now occasionally trying to find good deals on light weight parts to see how low I can get the weights (without entirely compromising strength).

Curtis Racelite
Currently sitting around 21.6lbs but that's without pedals & front brake - never got on with gears so will keep it SS
photo

Nukeproof Rook
More of a play bike but might see a race depending on how much riding time I get on it this year. Sitting around 27.7 lbs without chain & pedals. Need to cut the steerer down to lower front end a bit but should be a super fun bike
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2024 at 8:19 Quote
I forgot about the Rook, looks like a super fun bike.

Posted: Feb 24, 2024 at 11:04 Quote
photo

Man I really need to finish this soon, only need to fit some brakes(lost in mail, and she will be ready to go, may swap the fork for a 110mm Pike DJ fork

Posted: Feb 25, 2024 at 14:56 Quote
christiaan wrote:
photo

Man I really need to finish this soon, only need to fit some brakes(lost in mail, and she will be ready to go, may swap the fork for a 110mm Pike DJ fork

Better swap that rear rotor around too lol

Posted: Feb 26, 2024 at 12:55 Quote
seraph wrote:
christiaan wrote:
photo

Better swap that rear rotor around too lol

Damn didn’t even notice that, that is what you get for a quick install… hose line too short too(long frames are LONG)

Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 13:12 Quote
Long Enduro SX was listed recently. Based in Whistler for anyone interested

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 13:34 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Goddamn, reasonably priced too. I live in Whistler...very tempting.

It's a good thing that's my least favourite iteration of the Enduro SX.

Now if I saw one of these...instant buy:

photo

Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 13:35 Quote
J1BB wrote:
Fron the pics it looks short, and size decal is missing…

Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 14:35 Quote
scotteh wrote:
J1BB wrote:
Goddamn, reasonably priced too. I live in Whistler...very tempting.

It's a good thing that's my least favourite iteration of the Enduro SX.

Now if I saw one of these...instant buy:

photo
Oh yeah that older model is a beauty Drool

Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 14:40 Quote
christiaan wrote:
J1BB wrote:
Fron the pics it looks short, and size decal is missing…
Now that you mention it. Deffo looks short. Sorry folks Jail

Posted: Apr 23, 2024 at 22:27 Quote
Love those older ones as well as the next gen (with the really nice curved TT) - There’s an intense taser VP in the buysell on our side of the pond too. If I didn’t already have my rook I’d have been all over that!

Also a transition double for under £600 which I have no idea how it’s not sold already. Good time to be in the market for a slope/4x bike

Posted: Apr 24, 2024 at 0:13 Quote
I always wanted a Transition Triple so I could convert it to a belt drive single speed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021042
Mobile Version of Website