Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 18:07 Quote
Alright so lets keep what we had going on before.
Any times for next build day?

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 18:43 Quote
Change it to westbank not westbanl

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 18:53 Quote
Woops typo, all good now.

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 20:37 Quote
Tommorow at Powers Creek, 10 am. I will try and make it out there around 11 or noon and stay for a few hours. Do I just ride down the 3.5 k drop in?

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 21:20 Quote
I can't make tomorrow, but if you go to the 3.5k, it's obvious. Other suff that needs work include the brake bumps on Builders where the little stepup to corner berm thing is and on the old Powers line at the steep section that's getting sort of rutted out.

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 21:35 Quote
don't get too excited about tomorrows build at 3.5 as the majority of the crew is riding whistler this weekend. there will be some one there at around 10 but only staying long enough to throw some more dirt on the tranny and step up to get packed down by the rain. you can always drop in and take a look at whats going on, you can't really ride the start of 3.5 yet but the skinnies down the trail are ready to go. DO NOT attempt to ride onto the old ladder/bridge as the first section has been removed due to rotten supports. DO ride off the natural rock drops just to the right of the bridge and that will lead you to the first skinny. take a look at the insane drop being put together at the end of the bridge. stay to the trails on the right off the first skinny and go introduce yourself to the 180' log ride/skinny, you have to look for the start of it but its worth the time it takes to track it down. after that it's as it has been cause that's all we've been working on.
just a small favour to ask, if you decide to take the first drop, as you can actually start at the beginning of the ramp and make the gap, please take the time to stop and smooth over your track so we can keep the initial base smooth. Thanks and go enjoy!!

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 18:52 Quote
Ok, so I missed out on the powers build day again BUT.....

Headed up to postil today and got tons down. I dialed in my big stunt....it needs another few days of work up there to totally finish it, but I made some big obvious changes on the advice of leroy since he rode it the old way....

Also ran into a guy named jeff. He built a rad line that will soon drop in to the right of the addiction sign and end up on the road.....all nartural gnar rock. I walked it top to bottom today and it's totally worth the ride.

The trail is called Technical Difficulty

So the way it's looking, my trail which people have started to ride, will flow into 2 possible rides now....sweet.

If anyone is looking for a project but feeling a bit intimidated....there is a line that drops in on the otherside of the road from me. I can use the same parking spot to shuttle and from what i've walked, is flaged at least 1/2 way to addiciton. Even some minor stunt work too. If someone is interested in taking it on, i'd gladly offer some help and assistance.

I also think that a few of us need to sit down here and discuse the possibility of reviving or starting a new mtn bike club. If was need a place, my place works....I can supply a few beer and some smoke...

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 19:08 Quote
this sucks. i would come out and help build, but i jsut decided to break my ankle caus it was the best choice in life.

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 19:48 Quote
pikegina wrote:
this sucks. i would come out and help build, but i jsut decided to break my ankle caus it was the best choice in life.
is this cam sollows..

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 21:00 Quote
pikegina wrote:
ye kyle.
It's Tyson actually.
Haha, your bail got shown up by Matt's though, I've never seen one that bad. Didn't you break your ankle on a manny?

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 21:10 Quote
No Its Kyle.....Wink

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 21:24 Quote
DBP's starting to seem like a death trap, but he, me and my dad went up and threw some dirt on some tranny's and lips, the dirt is really soft, so we might get kitty litter to help us out

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 21:36 Quote
Can anyone ride that place or is it on private land?

I drive by that place all the time with work and i'd be stoked to check it out...

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 21:50 Quote
andrew-mcintosh wrote:
Can anyone ride that place or is it on private land?

I drive by that place all the time with work and i'd be stoked to check it out...

Its on private land but if someones out there you can come down if you want we dont really care..

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012355
Mobile Version of Website