Pike vs Lyrik

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 15, 2016 at 5:13 Quote
In the market for a new 27.5 fork. Torn between Pike and Lyrik. Weigh 235, ride a blkmrkt roam, do mainly xc but I do trips to the bike park. When I do go to the bike parks I hit the big stuff, 15 footers, jumps, rock gardens, etc. I know the lyrik would more than suite my needs but would the current Pike work as well?

Currently running an.... 06 Zocchi Z1 SL.... yes i know (ten years old), but it still works!

For Pike owners, what's the biggest thing you've hit?

Thanks

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 at 21:51 Quote
I'd probably go with a Lyrik it's only like 150g heavier, but it's beefier which will help on DH. I'd get a new Lyrik, but they don't make 26" so I'll probably go with the Pike or Fox 36.

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 at 23:08 Quote
Even as someone who hasn't ridden a load of current forks, and isn't super critical, the Lyrik I rode was a significant improvement on the Pike. Better small bump compliance, more supple in the middle, and it just generally felt... better.
I'd definitely suck up the weight penalty and go with the Lyrik.

Posted: Jul 2, 2016 at 22:04 Quote
I've had both 2015 pikes and, 2016 lyriks. Without a doubt get the lyriks, there much stiffer and don't blow through there travel like the pikes do. Much better fork.

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 7:07 Quote
Lyrik is better at smaller bumps and is much stiffer.If weight isn't a problem go for lyrik.

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 9:00 Quote
Another route is to buy the Yari. The Yari is the same platform as the Lyrik, just with a budget damper and comes in shorter travel sizes.

You are able to install the RCT3 damper from a lyrik or an avalanche damper.

I have read decent reviews about the damper it comes with though.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 20:10 Quote
bmccall wrote:
Another route is to buy the Yari. The Yari is the same platform as the Lyrik, just with a budget damper and comes in shorter travel sizes.

You are able to install the RCT3 damper from a lyrik or an avalanche damper.

I have read decent reviews about the damper it comes with though.

But is the cost of the new damper or AVA bring it up to the price of the Lyrik? If not then I may consider doing this if I upgrade my fork.

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 8:10 Quote
Any long term reviews on the Lyriks yet? I have a Pike with an Avy damper and a Fox 36. Curiousity is killing me...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033208
Mobile Version of Website