***Chain Reaction Cycles - SCAM***

PB Forum :: Canada - East
***Chain Reaction Cycles - SCAM***
Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 7:45 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
JCFIV wrote:
Well, after an unexpected hard OTB I managed to tear the side of my vans open. Due to limited options I now have a pair of Five Tens with express shipping on the way..... you win CRC... you win
hope you sent postal.

had to choose priority shipping. my current shoe is basically a flip flop. didn't want to be riding with it for 8 days. however duties and taxes were more than I expected this time around. is the duties and taxes the amount that was discounted from each item? seems to be my experience so far.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 7:54 Quote
JCFIV wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
JCFIV wrote:
Well, after an unexpected hard OTB I managed to tear the side of my vans open. Due to limited options I now have a pair of Five Tens with express shipping on the way..... you win CRC... you win
hope you sent postal.

had to choose priority shipping. my current shoe is basically a flip flop. didn't want to be riding with it for 8 days. however duties and taxes were more than I expected this time around. is the duties and taxes the amount that was discounted from each item? seems to be my experience so far.
Standard postal is an option for me anyway?? Takes longer but will save you money.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 8:38 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
tattooed-evil wrote:
I've had nothing but good luck with Dunbar cycles, and ordered my Saint crank from https://www.tbsbikeparts.com/ with no issues.
Dunbar is Canadian so you just pay the tax up front, no worries. Hard to beat CRC prices on some items though. I always check local/dunbar before going to CRC.
To a point, unless you get raped by duty and customs. I ordered shoes on the winter close out, and paid almost more in duty than the sale price.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 13:27 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
JCFIV wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
hope you sent postal.

Standard postal is an option for me anyway?? Takes longer but will save you money.

Yes it's an option. I just figured I'd rather take the hit than to ride with a flip flop for the next week and a half

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 6:55 Quote
JCFIV wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
JCFIV wrote:

Yes it's an option. I just figured I'd rather take the hit than to ride with a flip flop for the next week and a half

If you were in that much of a hurry, why not get freeriders from Jenson or Amazon.com? They both cover tax and duty on checkout, and have a number of shipping options. This isn't rocket science, people.

Posted: Jun 23, 2016 at 18:01 Quote
I placed two separate orders, both totalling just shy over $100.00 to be included for the free shipping.

The first order arrived, via Canada Post. No costs associated.

Waiting for the second order.

Posted: Jul 5, 2016 at 13:27 Quote
Second package arrived...no extra costs/duties/GST.

I just placed another order for about $110.xx and will be placing another soon again.

Will update as I go along.

Posted: Jul 5, 2016 at 13:43 Quote
Let us know about that $110 package.

I let everyone know this tip. Great for cheap schwalbe tires.

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 1:26 Quote
I will never but shawable tirrs again
They shawable ! Going doen the rd garbage

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 8:05 Quote
Off topic but my last few Schwalbes (Nobby Nics, Rocket Rons etc) didn't last a season. Sidewall issues. I mostly ride smooth flowy stuff too.

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 8:29 Quote
Specifics ppl. Versions?

Ive been running them for years with no issues. I've ran Racing Ralph, Nobby Nics, Hans Dampf, Magic Mary. Even table top on my DJ. Mostly I use the snakeskin evo versions... for DH or really aggressive trail riding super gravity.

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 4:52 Quote
Well my most recent package, order for about $113.xx was taxed 25.00

No clothing, just drivetrain + bar grips.

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
Has anybody tried to fight the taxes by CBSA for their orders?

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/dispute-contestation-eng.html

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 10:28 Quote
bartb wrote:

When the import fees have been above the standard handling fees and applicable taxes I've received a
return most of the time I filed.

Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 10:37 Quote
Traillines wrote:
bartb wrote:

When the import fees have been above the standard handling fees and applicable taxes I've received a
return most of the time I filed.

As I'm new to CRC and outside of the country ordering, do you calculate your provincial % tax on the items you purchased?

What do you mean exactly regarding the standard handling fees when shipping/handling is free from CRC?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024832
Mobile Version of Website