Invisiframe... does it worth it?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Invisiframe... does it worth it?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 30, 2016 at 15:16 Quote
Im buying a new bike next month, and Im think about put the invisiframe on it, but does it worth the money?! Or does a general kit does the job?!

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 4:27 Quote
Honest!!! Spend the extra cash and get the invisiframe kit, it's definitely worth it

Posted: May 31, 2016 at 12:08 Quote
I got invisiframe for my Bronson and as above its worth every penny

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 12:43 Quote
Getting frame protection is definitely a good idea. If the bike shop will do the install for you as part of the purchase, it's probably worth just buying the kit and having them install it.

If you want to save some coin, though, I went with this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bike-Protection-Tape-Helicopter-Protective/dp/B017KUVU9W/ref=sr_1_2?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1464809854&sr=1-2&keywords=3m+helicopter+tape

One roll did my whole Ibis Mojo HD (large), with tape left over for the fork legs (160mm 27.5). The install took me about an hour, not counting the time to take the bike apart and put it back together. DEFINITELY use the wet apply method. A little harder up front, but far superior results.

The invisiframe is *slightly* better in that it is cut specifically for your frame. But IMO the Bronson has pretty simple lines and with a pair of scissors and some patience, I think you can get just as good of a result from a roll of vinyl tape.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 13:06 Quote
Im not getting a bronson, I going to get a YT Capra CF, since it's my first real deal, Im thinking about getting the Invisiframe, but the diference to a general kit is really big, I would buy a pair of new tires with the diference.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 7:19 Quote
Ah, I see I kinda got those comments combined in my brain.....

Yeah man on the Capra my opinion is still the same. You can cover it safely using vinyl tape by yourself.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 12:21 Quote
I have on my nomad from over 2 year is strong keep the frame looks new

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 7:37 Quote
I bought one kit for th capra, now just need the capra Big Grin

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010788
Mobile Version of Website