Jekyll 4 needs new frame after 2 months

PB Forum :: Cannondale
Jekyll 4 needs new frame after 2 months
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 15:10 Quote
Have a Jekyll 4 that I bought new 2 months ago.. Suspension does lots of creaking while pedaling. L/S that I bought it from are wonderful, they took it in immediately and determined that all of the suspension bearings are shot and that the machined hubs that the bearings are supposed to be pressed into are over sized and the bearings just fall out when the suspension axles are removed. obviously not supposed to be that way, they are now working with cannondale to get me a new swingarm assembly to fix it.

the bike is 2 months old, with 450 miles of trail riding on it. it isn't abused, the wheels are perfectly straight so I don't beat on it.

has anyone heard of a batch of frames that had defects?
I love this bike, but don't want to have to deal with a bad frame again, with my luck it'll be two weeks after my warranty expires.

chris

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 15:51 Quote
Are you sure about the warranty? From all I know, Cannondale frames have a lifetime warranty for the original owner.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 11:08 Quote
i was warned by my L/s(and they are great to my family) that cannondale would get really sticky with warranty claims if serious things were to continue to occur.
the crazy part is I'm 5'6" 180 lbs on a medium frame, with my size and straight wheels showing no abuse it's amazing that someone could argue that I'm ruining that bike.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 10:43 Quote
well, cannondale and the shop came through in flying colors. Cannondale sent the shop a new Carbon frame, the shop swapped all of my goodies over to it and returned the alum frame to cannondale.

I'm super glad that I bought 4 cannondale bikes this spring for my family, we have been taken completely care of. Quite pleased with the service and help we received...

and the carbon version is AWESOME!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009108
Mobile Version of Website