lightest DJ or street parts

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
lightest DJ or street parts
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
Hey can anyone suggest the lightest pair of wheelsets and cranks that are still fairly strong (im only 110 pounds so strength isnt too much of an issue)

1 low end pair and 1 high end pair?

also can you post any other info i might need on the product
thanks

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
low end

sunrims stypes and diety cranks

high end

atomlab pimp lite rims and diety vendetta cranks

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
mini-logo-888 wrote:
low end

sunrims stypes and diety cranks

high end

atomlab pimp lite rims and diety vendetta cranks

S TYPES light Blank Stare go with some mavics

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
Sorry to state the obv

But 26" yeah?

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 20:41 Quote
thanks guys, i think i like the first suggestion, but anything else?

FL
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
mavic 721's or rhyno lite xl's if your a super weight weeny. Don't know about cranks

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
Get some BMX cranks (Primo Hollowbites are what I run) with a Ti spindle, they'll save you weight, and are stiffer than mountain cranks.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
to be honest with everyone... i dont get all this fuss. Putting money into your bike to make it a WHOLE 5 pounds lighter, thats lke drinking a can of pop, and feeling the weight differencial when its done. I was once concience of having a "weight weenie", and have gotten to the point where I no longer care about the weight of my bike. Shure, my foek is like 7 pounds, and from 2003, and my cranks are isis holszfellers. Crap, i run ditch witchs, with two disc brakes that BARLEY work.

It is YOUR opinion, but I beleive it is a waste of time, recruiting your time and money to locate these "wonder" parts. It seems that manufacturers know what you are after, so they jack up the prices, so it seems some parts cost more then a new bike.

My bike weighs around 35-40 pounds, and I can do street just as well with that, as I can my BMX. NO PROBLEM.

So, in conclusion... if you are a person addicted to losing weight, or anarexafying your bike (i came up with that one Big Grin ) so be it.

And remember,

No matter what, as soon as the wheels are turning, the culture gap should dissaper. Remember, you were once a beggineer, and everyone has to start somewhere.

Peace,

P2urban.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
is it just me, or was that the best freakin speech youve ever seen on here?

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
^ Good for you. But a lighter bike means, more maneuverablity , higher bunny hops, more air, more control, and less work. So what's wrong with that? As long as you aren't sacrificing weight for the functionality of the part, less weight is better! I've lost 5 pounds on my stp, and I can tell you, it's a completely different bike now-and it's a lot more fun to ride.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
thats true. As long as it rides fine, without going stupid, then go for it. My thoughts for the front brake... keep it on, i found when i rode without one for 2 months, my bike wouldnt stop no matter what. but, like I said, if you wanna do it, go for it. As long as you dont end up with the injuries I have had (which are potentiolly life thretning in the long run) then you should be good.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 0:24 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
^ Good for you. But a lighter bike means, more maneuverablity , higher bunny hops, more air, more control, and less work.

I would disagree on some of those points. Definately more air and higher bunny hops in particular. A heavier bike is far more stable in the air than one that is really light. Its so much easier to boost a jump with a bike weighing 32 pounds than one at 25. In terms of bunnyhopping, if your bike is a tank, sure it will be hard, but getting the lightest of everything won't help either. Riders like Chase Dehart specifically run heavy cranks to balance their centre of gravity and keep their bikes weighted slightly higher for stability. Guys run bmx bikes down to 22 and 23 pounds these days. Dehart specifically runs his in the 26-27 pound range. When I switched to rigid, I lost a bunch of weight off my front end, seriously affecting the balance of my bike and it took a while before my bunny hop was back up to the level it was prior to doing that. More maneuverability I will give you, but even more control, that is a tough one. My buddy Mickey rides a an old 853 that is probably 25 pounds at most. He is probably the only one (save for maybe Ryan Senechal) that can ride that bike. That thing is just too hard to control.

Posted: Feb 9, 2008 at 0:29 Quote
wheels: S-types, 721, rhyno lites, Alienation, Pimplites.

Cranks, Hones, XTs, Gravity lites, hollow bites, Middle burn.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010089
Mobile Version of Website